Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

4-H Judging

On Sunday, I shipped Shayla off to "Camp Grandma & Grandpa's" for a couple of days so that I could focus soley on finishing my writing for question number two. This one ended up being just over thirty pages. Two down, two to go! I had another bad dream about my oral defense in August, but when I woke up I just reminded myself that it wasn't as bad as my many nightmare dreams I had during Christi's treamtent days. Those were horrible! Countless nights I woke up and ran down to her room to make certain she was still alive. Regardless, Shayla had a wonderful visit and I was very productive with my work.

I had a workshop at school this morning then mom met me with Shayla where her 4-H "Play the Role" (theatre project) was judged. I couldn't believe she wasn't nervous. She was very happy talking to the judge about what she had done. We were close enough to hear about every word. In the end, she was really happy with her perfect score of all "Very Goods" and a grade of an "A". She called her 4-H Advisor right away to share the good news. The judge wrote, "You are really into this project and I hope you keep up the entuisasm. Nice work and you enjoyed it!" Tonight, we'll be at the fairgrounds learning how she is to show "Swiffer" at the fair, coming up very soon!

RE: Blogger's Inquiry as to vehicle damage. Although signs are posted, "enter at your own risk", we have never had any vehicle damage at African Wildlife Safari Park in Port Clinton. I must admit that we do go through a car wash when we are finished because the "moose lick" on our windows typically grosses me out! The girls always thought it was a hoot to see "tongue prints" on the van! YUCK!

6 Comments:

At 8/7/08 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the info! The African Park is the featured certificate for 92.5 Kiss fm's half-off hook-up this Friday......a $100 certificate for $25!! I'm so excited to take the kiddos there!! thanks again!!
Kim

 
At 8/7/08 8:33 PM, Blogger Kimber ♥ said...

Just wanted to let you guys know - I heard on my local radio station (Boston) Kiss 108 that whoever buys Mike and Ike (Lemonade Flavor)candies, a portion is donated to the Alex's Lemondade Stand foundation. Couldn't help think of Christi and went to go buy 10 boxes!

 
At 8/7/08 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Angela, for finishing question #2! Way to Go Shayla, for doing so awesome in 4H! Also, love that pretty dress you have on in your photo!

 
At 8/7/08 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I just wanted to say that Shayla's dress is soooo cute!

Angela - congrats on finishing another question! I can't imagine how stressful those are!

 
At 9/7/08 6:59 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

When you are done with this paper,are you done with school? I'll be glad when you are....it seems you are always working on some sore of paper.....hopefully when you are done with school you can enjoy Shayla.....hang in there

 
At 9/7/08 1:45 PM, Blogger Holly said...

My goodness, Shayla is almost as tall as Grandma!! You are doing a great job with your questions! Keep up the good work. I was at the movies with my grandsons and saw previews for "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl" and immediately thought of Shayla - makes me wish I had a little girl in my life to take to see it with me! How Christi would have loved it too.

You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers,
Love Holly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home