Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, August 01, 2008

S. E. Library Christi Thomas Family Night

Shayla with a phenomenal children's librarian - Barb!!
Barb asked me to bring a photo of Christi which she placed on an easel to the magician's right side. She publically thanked us for making the evening's event happen and she fought back tears explaining that it is hard to believe it's been two years. We agree. Sometimes it seems like yesterday she was sitting beside us giggling. Other times, our heartache is so great it seems like it's been many lifetimes since we've held her in our arms, packed her lunch, told her to put her clothes IN the laundry basket and read books with her. As I ran into a friend tonight at the grocery store (a friend with a mother who has been given about six months left to live), she told me that this life time is so short and that in God's Kingdom our time together will go on forever. My prayers are with Stephanie and her family. That's what keeps me going!

Last night's magic program of the "Christi Thomas Summer Reading Closing Night" was wonderful. The magician did a fabulous job - incorporating books and tricks. There were an amazing 75 children who signed in for the small library's program! Amazing! Shayne whispered to me at one point, "Christi would have loved this!" I responded, "As a 9 year old, definitely. I'm not certain about now, as an 11 year old." We would like to continue to help the library's summer reading program again next year. Christi was all about reading!

Happy "Angel" Birthday to Manny, sweet Olivia's older brother. Manny, a victim of childhood cancer, would have been 28 today. He died at the age of 14 in NYC. As Olivia shared with me: 14 years here, 14 years there. So sad! I pray Stephanie's words to me today are true and that eternal life is waiting for us on the other side when we can be rejoined and rejoice with our loved ones!

5 Comments:

At 1/8/08 7:38 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Please tell Shayla that I am sorry to hear about Mia. I am sure that Mia appreciated all of the care that Shayla gave her in her final hours. I am sure that Christi is now caring for her!

I have to comment on the first picture in your post - Shayla looks just like you, Angela! She is a beautiful girl!

 
At 1/8/08 9:26 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Thank you so much for your sweet message, Angela! It was so kind and meant so very much.

Your friend and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. Stephanie is right, a lifetime is never long enough here.

I am so glad that the Christi Thomas Night was a success. Christi lives on in so many ways, through so many things, and with so many people. She is forever loved.

Many hugs to you,
Olivia

 
At 1/8/08 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I came JUST to post EXACTLY what the person above already posted. I was struck by how much Shayla looks JUST LIKE YOU in that first photo. Amazing!

Ashley

 
At 1/8/08 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe in Him and His Word, Repent and Obey and your Faith will bring you home to HIM and your loved ones. Love you guys.
~chris†ie~
from the YMCA

 
At 20/9/08 10:45 AM, Blogger Michelle Jaynes said...

Thomas family - Thank you so much for the laughter you provided through the magician at the SEPL. It was definately a wonderful hour, watching the children's faces and hearing the laughter. My son, Ryan, was the last "audience helper" of the evening and the look of surprise and wonder on his face was priceless. May I also add that there was a very polite and well-mannered child sitting at my feet that evening. When I looked down to see who it was, it was your beautiful Shayla. What a wonderful child!
Thanks again!
Michelle Jaynes, Attica, Ohio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home