Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

17th Wedding Anniversary

Seventeen years ago this afternoon, I married my high school sweetheart. It’s hard to believe that at just 24 years of age, one could make such a wise decision, but I did! Without a doubt, it was the best decision I’ve ever made. I thank the Lord to still be so fortunate to have this loving, sexy, hardworking, kindhearted, intelligent and compassionate man as my husband yet today. I am richly blessed.
It’s been really emotional here in recent days (Thanksgiving, Swiffer’s pending death, decorating the Christmas tree and hanging all of Christi’s inscribed ornaments, Nativity set and stocking, dissertation revisions due Monday (panic!), mom and dad’s wedding anniversary would have been tomorrow, etc.) Happy Anniversary, Shayne! I love you with all my heart! I will love you forever! Thanks so much for cooking me that amazing dinner last night in the midst of everything else you were doing! I am unworthy!

So even though I could never again squeeze into my wedding gown, I still have memories of that glorious day – 60 degrees, but windy. Surrounded by loving family and friends, little did I know that during our darkest days, eleven-fifteen years later, they’d still be circling around us, holding us up, and somehow getting us through. I am so grateful! So now while I continue to sit here, pulling my hair out with my dissertation writing, I wish I could go back to November 30, 1991 and visit with all of our wedding guests, dance with my deceased father and shock everyone still left at our reception that after changing out of my wedding dress, I (the prim and proper one) actually danced with Shayne on a table before we waltzed out the door for our honeymoon. Good times!

Happy 22nd Anniversary to my sister and her husband who were married on November 29th! (My grandma and grandpa were also married on a Thanksgiving weekend! It’s tradition!)

3 Comments:

At 30/11/08 10:07 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I hope you had a wonderful day! May you have many more wonderful years!

 
At 1/12/08 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on 17 years! I made the same wise decision when I was 17 and found 'my' prince charming. We'll celebrate 33 years in April.

 
At 1/12/08 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's a wonderful achievement! I cannot imagine having the wisdom to have made that decision at 24 (or at my age of 26...); I'm blaming this on the fact that I went to an all-girls high school! I hope you have many more years of happiness.

I just hope that Shayla may be as lucky with her life choices.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home