Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Where in the World?

Not only are my letters off, we are off too! If anyone is game, Shayla would like to play "Where in the World" with you. Please post a guess if you think you know where she is.
Depending upon how well you know Shayla and her interests, this trip location should be easy to figure out. We planned it to be a perfect trip for her, surrounding her in love and her favorite things.
Thanks to Shayne's absolutely incredible job we've been able to really take some fabulous trips recently, with more instore. He works so hard and we're so blessed by the consequences! Check out the good looking dude in this picture! I thank God for him every night. (And I joke with my teacher friends when I die, they'd better go right for him because he's gonna go fast. Of course they joke with me, "Why wait until you're dead?!" hee hee) I'm not ready to go back to work just yet, but I do miss my teacher friends and my students. I hope they're enjoying their Christmas breaks too!

Knowing how much Christi loved "High School Musical" and how those songs still make us tear up, this was a bit of a challenge, but Shayla loved it oh so much as we knew she would. Shayne and I choked back tears throughout the show, but Shayla was non-stop smiles. We know Christi would have enjoyed it too. That was the end of a lovely day! (Day 1)

If you'd like to let Shayla know you're "guess", please post your thoughts. THANK YOU so much!

20 Comments:

At 28/12/08 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are in Pennslyvania but I'm not sure.

 
At 28/12/08 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I don't know. Hmmm... is Shayla in Wyoming or Utah? New Mexico?

Where ever you are, it looks like you're having a blast!

 
At 28/12/08 8:17 PM, Blogger IS Teacher said...

Shayla!!! I'm stumped!!! It appears you aren't anywhere really cold, so it can't be in the northeast US....One guess would be Gatlinburg...? Or maybe somewhere closer to the southwest? It looks like FUN where ever you are!

Kim Adams

 
At 28/12/08 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Miss Shayla is in Buena Park, California enjoying a stagecoach ride @ Knotts Berry Farm.

Wherever you are, I hope you are having a lovely time.

~ Cissy in SoCal

 
At 28/12/08 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you at Yesterland at Disneyland?

from Arabella

 
At 29/12/08 12:00 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Okay Shayla, I think I am probably completely wrong, but my best guess is at your aunt's in Arizona? You are always completely surrounded in love where ever you go! (And where ever you are, you sure look like you are having a GREAT time!

Love Holly in Katy Texas

 
At 29/12/08 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Shayla I love these guessing games you have us play!!! For this one though, I am coming up blank! Are you in Pennsylvania? I just really have NO idea! Wherever you are I'm SO GLAD you're having FUN and got to see HS Musical on Ice!!! You have such awesome parents who take you to so many awesome places!

 
At 29/12/08 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to guess Montreal!

 
At 29/12/08 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm no good at these games- I haven't hazard a guess since Alaska and I was wrong then too. :) It looks like great fun wherever it is!

Michelle Stokes
nghs_teach@yahoo.com
Wylie, TX

 
At 29/12/08 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shayla - I'll take a guess . . . Branson, MO?? I'm probably not even close! But I had to tell you from your last game - I wondered if that was a hedge apple, but couldn't remember what those things were called to post my guess to you! Ewww, they look pretty disgusting frozen, don't they?? :)

My name is Brenda, I've been a very quiet reader for quite some time. Angela, your writing is amazing to me and I am also very intrigued and amazed with your work as a teacher and all you have accomplished, especially in spite of the challenges your family has faced.

I wish I was a more eloquent writer to describe to you how much I enjoy reading about Christi. She's beautiful, as are you Shayla, and your entire family. Blessings to each of you and enjoy your trip!

 
At 29/12/08 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to guess Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Based on your viewing of the HSM on ice tour & the picture of the amusement park. It would be a miracle if I was right. I hope your having a blast wherever you are!!

 
At 29/12/08 2:54 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I'm thinking you went to LA/Hollywood to take in High School Musical On Ice and then a tour of the studio back lots so that Shayla could be discovered for the star that she is!!

 
At 29/12/08 3:01 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Knotts Berry Farm?
Where ever you are hope you have a lovely vacation.

 
At 29/12/08 6:26 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm terrible at these games Shayla but I'll take a try anyway, Perhaps someplace in Amish Country?

Hope wherever you are you are having a grand time. :)

Thinking of you always, with all my love,
Heather

 
At 29/12/08 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Las Vegas??

 
At 29/12/08 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really have no idea, but my first thought was Branson, MO. I'm sure I'm wrong though..hehe.

I'm glad you are all having so much fun!! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Lots of Love,

Jenn in Maryland

 
At 29/12/08 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is California.. only because I was bad and looked up the tour dates for HSM on Ice! Bad, I know but I wouldn't be surprised if I still had it wrong!

I just checked Princess Eden Adam's blog and was heartbroken to find that she has gained her angel wings. I can imagine Christi and Eden reuinted in heaven playing together as I know they were friends here on earth.

 
At 30/12/08 12:01 AM, Blogger tulip said...

Hmmm...let me see....are you in Branson, MO???

 
At 30/12/08 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nevada or Arizona?
-Jenna & Eric in Alberta, Canada

 
At 30/12/08 8:54 AM, Blogger D Griffin said...

Montreal, Quebec - hope that you guys are having fun!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home