Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Christi's Final Chat with Santa

Shayne stopped dressing up as "Santa" when Christi was diagnosed because he knew it would be emotionally too hard to ever do that again. December 2005, Christi, 8, Shayla 6. I knew I had to get the girls to see Santa for their yearly picture, but they weren't thrilled about stopping their play to go into town so I made them a deal. They had to get dressed up in dresses, but they didn't have to wear fancy shoes. It worked! They looked riduculous walking into the mall in fancy dresses and dirty tennis shoes, but I got the pictures and video I wanted! (Christi is wearing the dress that Shayla then wore to her funeral, weird, sickening actually!)

Here is Christi explaining to Santa for Shayla.



We really enjoyed our visitor today! My dear, dear, dear friend, Becky (and Shay's 4H advisor) stopped by and brought Shayla an incredible Christmas gift - an OSU Piggy Bank! She loves it! Thanks, Becky!

Per a posting blogger's request. Sorry, I don't have the photo that was taken, but this one is close.


GREAT NEWS: This afternoon I received my official "Your Research is Exempt" from Ohio State. As my Advisor told the Office of Responsible Research Practices today, "Thanks - we appreciate your help and guidance in attaining the exempt status." And now that I have the letter, she texted me, "You may officially begin your investigation!" YIPPEEE!!

My data base is being completed and I believe I will be folding and stuffing 1400 stamped envelopes, soliciting National Board Certified Teachers to participate in my study, the rest of the week with hopes of making my mail date of Friday. This is sooooooooo exciting!

WHAT IN THE WORLD? Shayla's not playing "Where in the World?" (although that game is coming very soon), but she wants to play, "What in the World?" Does anyone have a guess as to what this might be? Please post your guesses for Shayla - THANKS!

20 Comments:

At 22/12/08 7:23 PM, Blogger Marlo said...

Is it a crab apple in ice?

 
At 22/12/08 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Shayla, how is this for a totally random guess ... is it a scarf which was left outside in a bowl and which froze?

ROFLOL!!! I really have NO CLUE!!!

I can't wait to see what it really is!!! Oh, and by the way, I love the silly faces you're making in the photos! You're so funny!!!

 
At 22/12/08 8:40 PM, Blogger Sheila Ferrell said...

Angela,
I want to thank you for adding your cherished videos of Christi. To hear her sweet voice is one of the greatest Christmas presents.
I emailed you to let you know that one of Christi's fans posted a new video of her on youtube. It is really awesome.
You and your family is never far from my prayers and we will be praying for you this Christmas.
Love, hugs and snowflake kisses from South Texas, Sheila

 
At 22/12/08 9:38 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Shayla,
My guess is that it is a rotten grapefruit that fell out of your trashcans outside and got frozen overnight!! (Hehe, I know I'm probably wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it might be!!)
-Kristen
PS. I love your faces in the photos - they cracked me up!!!

 
At 22/12/08 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be the topper to your wedding cake? Just going on the doily under whatever it is. :)

 
At 22/12/08 10:43 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Oh my goodness Shayla! It's obviously frozen, and from your expression pretty yucky....... hhmmmm. Frozen ground beef maybe???? I can't wait to hear!

Merry Christmas to the Thomas Team!! I must tell you that it ABSOLUTELY MADE MY DAY to get your Christmas card! Great thanks and many blessings from me to you!

Love,
Holly Hart

 
At 22/12/08 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hearing Christi's sweet voice in these videos you've been posting! That was so sweet of her to explain to Santa for Shayla what it was she wanted.

Hmm, my guess is some type of frozen over bread, maybe cornbread, I have no idea!

 
At 23/12/08 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla,
Is it fruitcake!!?? If so....my sentiments exactly!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS THOMAS TEAM!!!

 
At 23/12/08 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! How did a sample of my cooking lack-of-expertise wind up all the way in Ohio! That looks astonishingly similar to my last attempt at cooking a sponge cake, Shayla!

 
At 23/12/08 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla - is it a pudding mould? Brilliant expression!

I had that bit of the ho ho ho song from the clip in my head all day yesterday as I packed for the holiday - I like to think of it as Christi ensuring that I got home safely for Christmas!

Irene

 
At 23/12/08 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm well seeing as I just got back from a semester abroad in Scotland, and am seeing haggis in my dreams, I'm going to guess (frozen?) haggis! :P

 
At 23/12/08 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay this is gross but i know Shayla likes horses so is it a frozen horse turds?

 
At 23/12/08 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a beautiful person and inspiration to me, as is your family. I am a NBCT, and while I don't think I'd qualify for your study, as I am High School, I wanted to "volunteer", just in case:)! What an honor it would be if I could! MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!!
Here is my email:autoleg@aol.com, if there is anything I could do to be involved:)!

 
At 23/12/08 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is the top of Shane & Angela's wedding cake.

 
At 23/12/08 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla's facial expressions are hilarious!! My guess is those are part of a science project...they look like modeos of cells dividing. I think Shayla is trying to throw us off by making funny faces, but I'm not falling for it! ;-)

Loving all the Christi memories and videos---she really does live on in your hearts! Warmest wishes for the holidays!

Shirley
NJ

 
At 23/12/08 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a frozen brain?
Lori

 
At 23/12/08 8:51 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Is it a frozen pumpkin left over from Halloween?

 
At 24/12/08 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frozen biscuit?

 
At 24/12/08 1:31 AM, Blogger Campagnette said...

It is an old ladie hat and Shayla's tongue.

 
At 24/12/08 5:54 AM, Blogger Steve Caddy said...

The only thing I can think of that Shayla is holding is a piece of Ambergris (whale vomit), however, it's very expensive stuff, and I can't imagine she'd have a piece that big.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home