Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tickets Anyone?

(Pic: Check out loving Buttercup, Christi's cat, as Shayla models her musical costume.)

Because of the high school musical typically selling out, I purchased our tickets early and was hopeful we would have family/friends who wanted to come and see the “Wizard of Oz”, Seneca East’s High School Musical this year. Unfortunately, we only have a few people coming to see Shayla and I have too many tickets now. I’d love to give them to the first people who email me and tell me they want them.

We have two tickets for Friday at 7 (March 6th), two tickets for Saturday at 7 (March 7th) and 1 ticket for the 2:00 performance on Sunday, March 8th. Email me at zzartset@bright.net if you want them!

It’d be a great way to see the wonderful new school and the show looks like it will be incredible. (They are actually “flying” some students - not just up in the air, but all over and upside down too. Amazing! Practices have been very impressive! Having served as most of the high school kids' teacher, I can tell you they are GREAT kids too!) Shayla has a bitty munchkin part as a “Lullaby League” girl, but she thinks she’s a star and she’s LOVED everything about being in this musical. She knows how lucky she is!

You can't imagine my delight when our gifted ed. teacher brought me some pictures of Christi! Her daughter used to occasionally babysit for the girls. These were taken in July of 2002. (Christi was diagnosed in September of 2002, about 8 weeks after these pictures were taken.) She looks a bit heavy or puffy to me in these pictures, for Christi, but other than that who would have ever thought she was ill?! I guess that's why I was sent home from the emergency room thinking I was crazy about four times in the spring of 2002. I remember at one point telling Christi at the ER, "Could you at least act sick?!" Because it was like she was in so much pain, but then I'd get her there and after waiting as long as you have to wait in hospitals, she'd start feeling better and start playing. If I only knew THEN what I know NOW, I would have pushed for more testing and she would have been diagnosed earlier. In the end, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference, but I still ponder it all. (And I'll never forget the one ER doctor who asked me if she was breastfed and if her immunizations were up to date. When I said, "yes", he said, "Kids like that don't get sick. She's not sick. Take her home." I remember coming home and telling Shayne, "Next time, you'll take her because they look at me like I'm making it up." OK, done venting now! I know, I know! Move on, Angela, move on!

6 Comments:

At 26/2/09 7:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I was probably about Shay's age when I was in the "Wizard of Oz" too! I was a jitterbug and an Oz person...and totally jealous of my friend that was in the "Lullabye League". :)

 
At 26/2/09 9:28 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

The pictures of Christi are adorable! Thank you so much for sharing.

I would absolutely LOVE to see Shayla perform but I live all the way in NY and at this point, no one wants me near them with all of the germs I've had lately. I'm sure it'll be wonderful! I'll vbe thinking of you, Shayla!

 
At 27/2/09 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very sorry a doctor said that to you. How awful! That is something that I think it is ok not to get over. That doctor spent how many years in training to help others?! Then he takes all that time, money and effort... and in the end treats a mother like that. That to me is so sad and ironic.

 
At 27/2/09 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

angela i can only dream of bring there to watch shayla perform , however much i want to, there is no possible way, as i live in the uk!! shayla i wish you the very best in the production , break a leg hunny x i know you will do fantastically anyway :) angela i loved the photos of beautiful little Christi , she is just way to cute!! ( i bet she is an even more beautiful angel ! x)angela i am not suprised you havent ordered christi's grave stone , just thinking about it makes me want to be violently sick , no mother should ever have to do something like that ! its disgusting! to the thomas's i wish you all the very best in everything you do x - Amber xxxx

 
At 27/2/09 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would worry if you did "move on" Angela! It is preposterous that that ER doctor would say such a thing! I am sure you'll always remember the yucky stuff along with all the good memories, it's just the way our minds work I guess!

In celebration of just finishing up my 3rd week at my new job I'm heading over to make a donation to Christi's foundation. She will NEVER be forgotten!

Enjoy the play

 
At 28/2/09 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i could come see shay perform
but i am in school in ne ohio and it is well over two hours away and to drive it all in one day by myself....

if you ever are near akron/canton
or even in columbus(where my parents live) let me know
id love to meet you!

megan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home