Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thanks for the Prayers

Here's a TREMENDOUS thank you to the many sweet friends and family members who were lifting me up in prayer this week. For about two and a half weeks, I'd been preparing and I was very nervous about the events I had been invited to do at Bowling Green State University (where I did my undergraduate degree). I had the opportunity to take professional leave from my superintendent to teach a Middle Childhood Reading class at BGSU (where about 12 faculty members came and sat in the back watching me teach) and I also made what was to be a 60 minute presentation on my dissertation research "The Professional Implications of National Board Certification" to BGSU's College of Education's faculty - currently considering aligning their Master's programs with NBPTS's 5 Core Propositions. (Well, they had so many great comments and questions about it that I ended up faciliting for 90 minutes instead of an hour - and I also had a lot of fun, whew).

Heading into this week, I was incredibly nervous and scared hoping it'd all be ok, especially my first real "audience" for a research presentation. All of my festivities at BG went MUCH BETTER than I ever expected and I believe the many individuals who were lifting me up in prayer is the reason for that - THANK YOU!

When I sat down to chat with 8 faculty members, right after I taught the class, tears started streaming down my cheeks. I tried my best to explain the fact that I've had the most rewarding and fulfilling career as a teacher and all because of the wonderful professors at BGSU for teaching me how to teach and for helping me get that first (and only) teaching job. I never thought it would be emotional, but it all just suddenly hit me - how great my job is and how deeply I'm indebted to my former teachers. Regardless, I now feel like the weight of the world is off of my shoulders. Praise be to the Lord! (Are you having a good laugh over that old picture of me when I was 18?! Well, the BGSU students had a good laugh over it too as I put that former student ID on one of my Power Point slides and told them to hang in there, they'd be finished soon, out in the real world and wishing they were back at BG all before they knew it!)

(Picture: Shayla and Marty on Marty's horses, Winter 2008) When Aunt Marty was deciding what to name her new horse, she turned to a very special book Christi made her. Unfortunately, she didn't use any of the names, but it was so sweet to see this little book in Christi's little handwriting. She really put a lot of work into that. She loved her aunt so very much! We are looking forward to "horsing around" with Jeff and Marty next weekend at the Equine Affaire in Columbus!



Horse names handbook written by Christi Thomas:
Dedicated to Aunt Marty


Mare Names
Amanda
Bertie
Bright Eyes
Brownie
Cinnamon
Dawn
Diamond
Fairy Dust
Jennifer
Kitty
Lynne
Molly Sue
Montana
Morning Dove
Pot of Gold
Rainbow
Rosie Sunshine
Ruby
Sophia
Starlight
Sweetie

Mare or Stallion Names
Autumn
Banner
Blaze
Blond
Bitty Babe
Bunny
Coral
Coco
Cream
Darcy
Denver
Desert Dawn
Dusty
Evening
Feather Boa
Freckles
Goldie
Good Luck Charm
Gus
Marshmallow
Night
Sand
Smooch
Snowflake
Star
Summer
Sun

Stallion Names
Alfred
Blizzard
Candy Apple
Caramel
Dust Bunny
Light foot
Lightning
Lyric
Midnight
Midnight Spark
Quick Silver
Rusty
Silver
Silver Bells
Snowfall
Spring
Stormy
Thunder
Tiger Eye
Twilight
Ungainly
Wildwind

Copyright Christi Press 2006
Written by Christi Thomas
Illustrated by Stickers
Stickers Placed by Christi Thomas
The End

3 Comments:

At 28/3/09 8:41 AM, Anonymous Ashley said...

And she even put each list in alphabetical order...only Christi!!

Ashley

 
At 29/3/09 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Angela, on a job very well done!

Also, loved seeing Christi's list of names -- too cute!

 
At 29/3/09 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ungainly".... Oh dear girl, I miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home