Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Christi's 12th Birthday

May 2006, Christi's final birthday - BDAY #9. She had so much fun! I wish we could have an even bigger celebration for all of our friends and family today. Instead I'll go to school, have physical therapy and traction on neck, visit Christi's grave and take mom and Joe to dinner for Mother's Day. I'll make the best of it, but I'd really rather be running around after school picking up a huge cake and piling 30 friends in a limo to go to a water park or something totally insane like that. Hmmmmmm.

May 2005, in my classroom, waiting for school to start

6th Birthday, May 2003, Disney World. We flew to and from from the Ronald McDonald House of NYC to make this a wonderful bday celebration - all thanks to very generous friends and community members!

April 2002 (I miss our little animal lover)

Christi enjoying a picnic. Summer 1999 (That cookie looks so big in her tiny hands.)

1997: Baby Christi with her Great Grandma Gear (both in Heaven)

14 Comments:

At 13/5/09 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thoughts of you

 
At 13/5/09 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy slightly belated birthday, Angel Christi!! I hope the celebration in heaven was huge, because you certainly deserve it!

 
At 13/5/09 7:23 AM, Anonymous Wendy Landers, Georgia said...

Ahhhh, I think I miss that little girl as much as you do, Angela, and I've never even met her! I have a daughter the same age as Christi, and we started following Christi's journey a few months before she died.

Happy Birthday sweet Christi! May you have a wonderous day in Heaven celebrating with Jesus!

 
At 13/5/09 8:04 AM, Blogger Aimee Jackson said...

Thinking of you today Angela, Shane and Shayla. It sounds like you will be keeping busy, and I know you will make the best of it. But I also know how profoundly sad you are at a loss too great for words. I hope Christi's spirit continues to comfort and inspire you. Blessings!

Aimee
www.caringbridge.com/ny/kendall

 
At 13/5/09 8:07 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

What beautiful pictures, Angela! Sending loads and loads of love to you! Christi is forever remembered and so loved.

 
At 13/5/09 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Christi! Be with your mom today (I know you always are!); she really needs that!!

Love & hugs from CA,
Pat

 
At 13/5/09 8:49 AM, Anonymous Erin N. (Glendale, CA) said...

Happy 12th birthday, Christi. I thought of you and your family all day yesterday. I hope that you had a wonderful celebration with the angels in Heaven. May God bless the Thomas Team.

 
At 13/5/09 11:04 AM, Blogger Vickie said...

I knew Christi's birthday was this week, but I didn't remember the exact day. I hope you don't mind that were extending the celebration an extra day down here in Texas.

YOu are an inspiration and a role model to me for your grace and continued willingness to grow and reach out to others. Thank you.

VB

 
At 13/5/09 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how fun to see all these photos, but so sad too knowing that she is not here enjoying her birthdays on earth with her family like she should be! Sending you all lots of hugs during this difficult week {{{{{{{}}}}}}}

 
At 13/5/09 2:21 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Thinking of you and remembering Christi. Great pics you posted.

 
At 13/5/09 6:54 PM, Blogger IS Teacher said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Christi!

 
At 13/5/09 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all love Christi so very much and always will! Happy Birthday, Christi Thomas!

 
At 15/5/09 12:32 AM, Blogger ktrierson said...

Happy Belated Birthday Christi!!!

 
At 19/5/09 11:30 PM, Anonymous Maj. said...

I didn't know Christi, in fact I wasn't even involved with children who have cancer then. There is something about Christi that touhes me everytime I see a picture of her. Her smile, her eyes, who knows. God gave Christi to the world so she could change people's hearts. Now that I am involved with these children, there are some that always come into my heart and thoughts and Christi is one of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home