Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

The Finish

Finally, got the pictures from the tri! This series shows Shayla (with flip flops and sunglasses) joining Shayne at the end of the race to cross the finish line with her dad. She was so proud of him!









Shayla is in soccer camp this week and so far is loving it.

I'm now "teaching" my online class which will continue over the course of the next month. I decided to open it up about ten days early in case some wanted to get ahead start and 100% of the students are now on-line working. (I was also quite anxious and wanted to get it going myself since I had all of the planning and tech work done I wanted to get it out there and see what problems would come up.) This is going to be very interesting since I've never taught an online course before. I think so far so good - meaning no tech problems, smile. (And I'm enjoying "teaching" in my pajamas - hee hee!)

I'm also in the midst of a manuscript I'm writing based on my dissertation research. I need to have it submitted by July 1st. The journal I intend to send it to is most likely out of my league; however, I decided to aim high and see what happens. In case it's rejected I will still have time to resubmit to a journal with a higher acceptance rate. (The one I'm trying for only accepts 0-10% of all manuscripts submitted.) Regardless, I'm actually having fun!

BGSU called me yesterday to inform me my computer is done and ready to be picked up. That means I will no longer have an excuse for not selecting Christi's grave marker design and getting it ordered. I'm ready.....I may not want to, but I'm going to do it! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! I'm really out of excuses, I must! She deserves a marker at her grave!

6 Comments:

At 8/6/10 7:45 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Angela, you never cease to amaze me. I wish you luck with the manuscript; if anyone can get it published; it's you!

Many, many hugs,
Olivia

PS- Shayla, as for the chickens-- I hear you. One of the reasons I stopped eating meat. :p Love you!

 
At 8/6/10 12:23 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Great pics! Congrats on the triathlon!!

 
At 8/6/10 12:53 PM, Blogger Anita said...

Sure you can Angela! :-)

 
At 9/6/10 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these photos of Shayne and Shayla finishing the race together. They are definitely keepers!

God bless you and your beautiful family.

Katie C.

 
At 10/6/10 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela-
I admire you so very much and also your sweeet family.
In reguards to Christi's grave marker, as hard as it will be, you will have finally, finally put her to rest and let her move on. Im sure she has been waiting patiently up there with God and them making bets as to when Mom will finally do this... Its going to be good for all of you, even though your circumstances are not. I Wish you and Shayne and Shayla all the strength in the world in choosing a perfect marker for her... She deserves a most glorious stone!!
Shanan

 
At 13/6/10 8:34 AM, Blogger Me said...

I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to choose Christi´s grave marker. I know how difficult I found it to choose one for my mother who died at the young age of 50. I hope you find the strength to do it though, since I can tell by your writing that you really want to. You strength in dealing with Christi´s death amazes me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home