Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

2011 SE Christi Thomas Scholarships

I've been home for days and this research article I'm trying to write is just not coming together and I'm really struggling; therefore, I guess I will take a break (again - cough) and post something positive, amazing Seneca East kids!

On Monday morning, Shayla and I went to Seneca East to present this year's scholarships in Christi's memory. It was FABULOUS to be back visiting at SE! I'd not been to the school since I left teaching there in June of 2009. We ended up giving the $1,000 award and we also added seven $100 awards because we felt there were many worthy applicants. I really would have loved to have funded $1,000 for all of them, but Shayla now has this idea of attending college in NYC so I guess we'd better save more for that too (smile).

Congratulations to these wonderful kids! $1,000 - 2011 Christi Thomas Scholarship Winner, Amanda

And $100 book awards go to: Zach, Kelsey, Heather, Candace, Carly, Jacquelynn & Jared - VERY BEST WISHES to all of them! (It's wild seeing my middle schoolers "all grown up" and graduating now, wow!)

2 Comments:

At 26/5/11 12:52 PM, Anonymous brooke r. said...

Oh, I hate it when stuff doesn't come together. I know the feeling. Good luck! What is the research about? I hope you don't mind that question. I'm getting more and more into the teacher education world and interested in what others are doing. I'm currently working on my dissertation - technology integration - and working with an AMAZING secondary science ed methods professor on a couple of articles about scientific argumentation and nature of science.

 
At 27/5/11 8:22 PM, Anonymous Natalie Hollinger said...

Awww!!! My junior high kiddos all grown up!! I continue to pray for you and your family, Angela! And I must say, I did learn from one of the best teachers around! Hope all is well Thomas Trio!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home