Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

An Emotional Day


It is with heavy heart that I ask you for prayers for another little Ohio gal's family. Grace earned her Angel wings early this morning after a 2 3/4 year fight with stage 4 neuroblastoma. In addition to treating in Ohio, she also treated at MSKCC and at CHOP (Sound familiar?). Gracie won this battle and she's now cancer free in the Kingdom of Heaven! I'm certain; however, her parents would appreciate your prayers. This is heartbreaking! Message of condolance can be left on Gracie's website at: http://www3.caringbridge.org/oh/grace.eno/

Thank you for lifting up Gracie's family in prayer. We've grown so close to many others fighting neuroblastoma that it is like they are our own family. Each horrendous loss is heartbreaking.

Christi's teacher called Christi at CHOP today and she was able to talk with many of her friends. I didn't know if calling her would be a good or a bad thing so I told her to make the decision. I thought it could make Christi happy to know they were thinking of her, or sad to know that she was missing out on the last day of 4th grade. Caroline said she was giggling and laughing the whole time the 5-6 girls chatted. Caroline is such a blessing. Christi had a tremendous school year, despite everything that went wrong with her health. We are so fortunate to have her awesome teacher come out and stay with us in Philly next week. (Caroline has so many science projects planned and prepared that I'm thinking security will probably haul her away and not let her get on the plane - I mean who would believe she's really only planning to blow up a pickle??!!)

Shayla had a great last day of school!! Finally, Mrs. Rombach can get a break! I broke down in tears a couple of times especially at the end of the day sending some of the 8th graders off to the high school next year. I'm really going to miss the awesome kids, parents and staff members I'm so blessed to work with!!

I've not yet spoken with Shayne today. I hope things are going well. I can't get there fast enough. It moves me to tears to even think about the seriousness of tomorrow's stem cell infusion so I ask that you please lift Christi up in prayer Friday afternoon. We pray that they quickly engraft, are really cancer free and will re-start her precious life we treasure so much.

3 Comments:

At 25/5/06 3:56 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Oh sweet Gracie. I had only begun to follow her story a few months ago. Ugh cancer is so unfair!Heaven has gained yet another beautiful angel. Finally pain free...and I'm sure she is having a blast up there.

Praying for Christi tomorrow. I'm counting down the hours along with you until you are all together again.

Love, Jennifer

 
At 25/5/06 9:28 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Angela, thank you for the update on Grace...God love her...I had not checked her site since Tues. "There are no words". Our prayers are with her mommy and daddy, sister and brother. Heavy hearts tonight.

WE WILL ALL CONTINUE TO STORM HEAVEN, MOST ESPECIALLY TOMORROW DURING INFUSION.

Sleep tight Thomas Team. Hang in there. May tomorrow be filled with many miracles. BELIEVE!
love, sylvia xoxoxo

 
At 26/5/06 7:54 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Gracie and I will most certaintly keep her family in my prayers.

Happy I am that you are all together now.

All my love and prayers,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home