Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

FROM SHAYNE

Although Christi is handling this treatment without any side effects except some mild nasuea, she is not out of the woods by any stretch. Her counts were robust today, however, they should begin to plumet tomorrow.

Hemoglobin 11.3
White 2.8
platelet 45
ANC 2352

Thursday is hydration for 24 hours after they take down the BSO at 10AM. Friday afternoon she will get her stem cells infused. Dr. Maris has agreed to give her the minimum acceptable infusion of cells. We want to preserve some for future endeavors. (It's hard to believe she only weighed 50 pounds when they were harvested and now weighs 70 pounds - needing more cells for her bigger body.)

Our options for future teatment are extremely limited. It is daunting that our weapons are limited but we will march on. Today after my jog through Fairmont Park I noticed some statues of people behind the Art Museum. I wanted to walk a bit and rehydrate before running stairs so I took a few moments to read the inscriptions. I particularly liked the quote by American Patriot General Nathanael Greene "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again". That sounds like my Christi!

We had wonderful visitors. Liz came and chatted with Christi and updated us on her boys and Lemonade etc. They are getting very busy with the national Alex's Lemonade stand days approaching. She is very cool and collected coming to the hospital-I don't know if I could do it??? We miss you Alex!

Sylvia and her daughter arrived with the emergency ration of window paint. It was really bugging Christi that her window was unpainted in her room. Christi and Michele went right to work decorating. We enjoyed great conversation the entire time. Thanks!

Christi's exciting project today was to paint a ceiling tile for the toy room that is getting a makeover. She sketched then painted a Siamese Cat with four Kittens nursing. I will put a photo of it on the Blog as soon as I overcome my technical difficulty with photos.

Corrine and I have endured our incarceration by tickling our palates. Today's culinary delights were a bit eclectic-collard greens, rice and beans, fried chicken, and Green Tea Latte. At the rate we are consuming calories, we will fullfill our genetic destinies with no problem.

Good night all.

Shayne

2 Comments:

At 25/5/06 5:11 AM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Shayne, I would have to say that quote was there for you to see for a reason yesterday - Christi most definitely is a fighter..."I get knocked down but I get up again"...
she's amazing.

I can't wait for you all who keep tabs on Christi to see the ceiling tile that she painted! She is one talented young lady! So cool Christi! Seeing those little kitty cats nursing is so comforting and I know that is how everyone will feel each time they look at it.

Thank you for having us! It was such a pleasure to spend time with you. Thank you Corinne for meeting us afterward.

Praying for today to be filled with miracles...for every cancer cell to be wiped away...for Chrisit's stored energy to sustain her. BELIEVE! love, sylvia

 
At 25/5/06 6:34 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm glad to hear that Christi is handling her treatment okay. I wish and pray with all my heart that there were more options in the "war chest" for her.

You're right that quote is Christi 100%- what a fighter this gal is.

Sounds like you had some nice visits today and yummy food too!

Sending all my prayers and love,

Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home