Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, June 09, 2006

The Necklace


For nearly four years, I've imagined sitting in an oncologist's office learning that Christi had miraculously achieved NED and asking for the scissors....I've imagined Christi becoming cancer-free by earning her Angel wings and slipping it inside her coffin.....What I never imagined was cuddling with Shayla and having her say, "Your necklace is so streched out it could just slip over your head now like this," yet that's exactly what has happened! So after approximately one thousand, two hundred and fifty straight days of wearing the necklace Christi beaded for me on the day of her diagnosis (9/11/02) in the playroom at Columbus Children's, I am now necklace free. The day Christi made it for me I made her a promise. "I will wear this until it breaks, or until you no longer have cancer," (assuming it'd be the standard 10 months of cancer treatment never thinking the disease would not respond) This morning Christi and I talked and she agreed it's time I'm free! For the first time I'm able to wear a different necklace so I wanted it to be special. Together we selected one of Christi's- an angel with her emerald green birthstone. I like my new look! I just wish I could have asked Dr. Maris for his scissors! Now we're off to the Lemonade Stand!

(PHOTO CAPTION: December 2002, Christi age 5, A dinner stop somewhere in Pennsylvania on our move to NYC so Christi could treat at the great MSKCC.)

1 Comments:

At 9/6/06 9:49 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Happy Lemonade Stand Day!! I hope you have a great turnout!

Oh that story about the necklace brought tears to my eyes Angela. Enjoy the new look!

I LOVE the pictures of the Practice at the Ritz. :)

LOVE YOU!!

Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home