Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!! Ready or not, here I
come!
Lovely Lake Erie - July 2006
"You name it, we'll build it!" declared Christi to others who would walk by and admire their work.
Grandma Nee Nee and the girls build sand castles until the sun goes down
Christi, the Sand Flea
Nee Nee helps Shayla try to catch a fish (no luck).
Captain Christi can't steer now, she has to finish her chapter first.
Grandma and her girls
Christi feeds a camel.
Shayla giggles while feeding the animals.


Loving the free rides

On our 3rd straight day of going to "African Wildlife Safari Park" Shayla rides the camel. (We love that zoo pass good at 200 zoos in America, thank you!)






Four years ago today we were in Dallas, Texas along with Shayne's Dad. I was there for a teacher's meeting. That night we went back to our good friends' home for the evening. The kids played in their backyard and watched the fireworks; it was precious. Today I'm missing old times and sending tons of LOVE and PRAYERS to the wonderful Baker family.

We just returned home after spending five wonderful days at Shayne's mother's apartment. (Shayne drove back to work, but the girls and I stayed the whole time. We are so blessed!) I'll update with some pics now.

CAT SURVEY OVER. Christi and I were literally stunned at the overwhelming response to her cat survey question. There must be hundreds of cat lovers in cyberland! In less than 24 hours she received over 85 emails. I think she has enough data to continue on with her project. Thanks for sharing your stories with us and for richly blessing us with your love and concern! You are amazing!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL OF OUR AMERICAN FRIENDS!

6 Comments:

At 5/7/06 2:11 AM, Blogger brooke said...

hi thomas team -- glad that the survey was an overwhelming success. i was one of those who answered -- i'm quite the cat lover myself.. i've had one in my life since i was born, and currently i have 4. aren't cats great? mine sleep with me every night. and max is right here with me. keeping all of you in my continued prayers.

warmly :) brooke, in eugene, oregon (soon to be a phd student in educational technology at utah state university).

 
At 5/7/06 4:32 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

oops! Sorry Christi! We've been away celebrating the four day wedding with our cousin Rachel (it was beautiful and Michele and Meghan never stopped dancing! Yes Angela, those dancing lessons do pay off! hehehee!) - I had read the post about the cat survey first and instantly clipped and pasted your request into an e-mail and sent it to those I know who have cats...so you might be receiving a few stray responses.

So good to see you having so much fun! You are all constantly in our thoughts and prayers and we never give up on the miracle, NEVER!

Sending lots of hugs your way.

love, Sylvia xoxoxo

 
At 6/7/06 1:09 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

i'm not sure how to email you guys, so i'll post it here. i'd like to participate in the blogathon (http://www.blogathon.org) in christi's name using the NB charity of your choice. i'm pretty sure a bunch of my friends would also like to blog (www.roxydollboard.com) with me. please email me at pookielocks@yahoo.com if this is ok and to discuss further. people pledge donations & then when the blogathon is over, they pay directly to the charity. thanks! Nikki

 
At 6/7/06 3:16 PM, Blogger dede said...

Great Pictures - Keeping you close in prayers...
Dede
Habitat for Hope Prayer Partner
www.habitatforhope.org

 
At 6/7/06 4:56 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Looks like you all had tons of fun with Grandma! I'm very impressed with your sand castle building. :)

I hope and pray that Christi continues to feel well and to enjoy summer!

Many prayers much love,
Heather

 
At 7/7/06 11:27 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Darn, I missed that cat survey. I was at Cedar Point all week. That's alright...I'm glad she got MORE than enough responses. Also happy that you guys have been having a great couple of weeks!

I leave for Camp Quality early Sunday morning so it'll be another week of no messages from Jennifer(I know we'll all miss them). But when I come back, I'll be 18! =) Hooray for birthdays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home