Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

School Yearbok

Thomas team thanks to the wonderful individuals at Lifetouch who contacted us and asked to have photos for the yearbook "In Memory of Christi" page. We were so touched. I will admit that as soon as I saw it, I immediately flipped back to find her class's page. My heart broke when I saw that her little individual picture - obviously never taken since they were taken at school on September 19th, wasn't with her class. I looked up at our sweet school secretary - who also lost her son, and she nodded to me as if she understood my pain of wanting Christi back. I know she understands, but isn't this sweet page placed in the front of the yearbook great?!

COSI: I forgot to mention that when we came out of COSI after it closed on Friday night, Shayla and Hariett were heading one way and I was head the other way to my van. Traci said, "Angela!" and pointed right in front of us. While clouds were surrounding the area there was a break in the clouds and those breautiful long streaks of light were shining down. It was like Christi wanted us to know she was with us at COSI too. I said, "I always think of Christi when I see that." Traci said, "Me too!"

3 Comments:

At 6/6/07 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet for Christi's class to dedicate a whole page in her memory.

Prayers for the Thomas Team as you get through this emotional week. I hope the wonderful memories of Christi's dance recital last year do give you comfort. Didn't she have just a grand ole time? Truly amazing, considering she just underwent grueling treatment in Philly. She truly lived each day. She was just a really happy kid despite the struggles and I find comfort knowing all her days were spent living, loving, and laughing.

Shayla, looks like you're having tons of fun with all your friends and family. Have a great summer, sweet girl!

-shirley

 
At 6/6/07 6:27 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

What a wonderful tribute to Christi in the yearbook. I know it must have been hard to not have her page along with those of her classmates, but the first page certainly takes the cake, as they say.

Something similar was done for my brother and it was such a comfort for such a difficult time.

Thinking of you all,
Olivia

 
At 6/6/07 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet dedication page of Christi with her friends and teachers. I love the picture of the cat and little paw prints! I thought I remembered reading that they would be using Christi's 4th grade picture with her 5th grade class but I bet Christi loves her full page dedication! I always think of the little angels in heaven when I see the sky like that also. Stay Strong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home