Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Am an Angel Now

August 1997, in Phoenix visiting Shayne's sister.

Thanks, Olivia for sharing this poem with us!

I'm An Angel Now

One night I cried to Jesus
As I sat beneath the tree;
I looked into the open sky
And hoped He'd answer me.

"I'm lost dear Lord ...
I've traveled far but still I seem to roam;
Please light the way and lead me, Lord,
I need to get back home."

I told him of my burdens
And of the sadness in my heart;
That from His gracious love
I'd never felt so far apart.

"Why did you take my child, Lord?
I cannot understand!
No longer can I touch her face
Or hold her tiny hand."

"I'm angry, Lord ... I'm missing her,
I'm drowning in my sorrow;
Please help to heal my yesterday
And face each new tomorrow."

It was then I heard her gentle voice
And felt her presence near;
How I wanted so to hold her
As I cried another tear.

She said "Mommy, I'm an angel now,
My spirit will be free;
I'm an angel now in heaven,
So please don't cry for me."

"I was chosen by our Lord above
And now I'm in His care;
Whenever you need me,
Just look inside your heart;
I promise to be there."

"No one can ever take away
Our bond with one another;
For I'll always be your precious child,
As you will always be my mother."

"So if you cannot find your way
Or the road to home seems far;
Just look up to the Heavens
And I'll be your guiding star."

She said, "Mommy, I'm an angel now,
My spirit will be free;
I'm an angel now in Heaven ...
There's no need to cry for me."

~ Author Unknown ~

Picture: Baby Christi (1997)

6 Comments:

At 12/9/07 8:04 AM, Blogger Aimee Jackson said...

Those last few poems are really beautiful. It is almost impossible to read them and not cry. I have been thinking of you and your family a lot lately. I remember this time last year and it seems as if it was just last week. It is still so hard to believe that these bright, beautiful, and precious children could be gone. Lots of love and prayers from Long Island,

 
At 12/9/07 10:10 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Thinking of all of you and crying tears for all the pain you are enduring ... May God continue to hold you close as you travel down this road riddled with sorrowful memories ... God Bless!

Rebekah Clark
jadenalexandra.blogspot.com

Prior Lake, MN

 
At 12/9/07 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 9/11 last year was the date that my grandfather turned 95, sadly it was also one of his last good days. I'm thinking a lot of him, and also of you guys as you deal with memories and absence too.

All your poetry and thoughts are so dignified, I hope they are hoping you stay strong.

Irene

 
At 12/9/07 4:35 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

My heart breaks for all of you. These weeks have been difficult for me as I remember the events of one year ago; I simply can't imagine your pain as you do the same. I've been blessed beyond measure at having been able to share in Christi's journey, in her life. She was, is, and forever will be a gift to this tired world.

And you, Angela and Shayne, are the most wonderful parents. I am in awe of your strength, your courage and your will to do so much for so many despite your tremendous loss.

Thinking of you all and sending all my love,

Olivia

 
At 13/9/07 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poems you share are always so very perfect. I can picture Christi saying these precious words to you from heaven.

I bet Christi is watching over these precious twin baby girls. Isabella and Madeline were born July 4, 2007 and BOTH girls were just diagnosed with Stage 4s NB. They also have another young child at home.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/dunntwins

 
At 13/9/07 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of all the Thomas Team! You are always in my thoughts, and sending you love from far away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home