Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Got a Crush on You

Oh dear bloggers, you are very smart (or big "cheaterpants" as Junie B. Jones would say, hee hee). I didn't realize I put "Shayne in Sweden" on the picture until your moral conscience made you tell me! OOps! Well, he's moving on today to another country. If he sends any more pictures I'll be certain to remove the name of the next country! Thanks for being my teachers (and prayer warriors and cheerleaders, etc., etc., etc.)!

He did send this photo to Shayla and said: This was my bed in my hotel room in Sweden. It was the size of our couch! How was school? Is your teacher nice? Snuggle mom for me until I get home soon. My luggage still hasn't arrived.

Our favorite newspaper reporter, told me that I don't have to scan the article about Shayne's job in the "Odd Jobs" special edition of the paper last week. You can read it on-line. (Thanks, Jill!) Here's the link: http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/page/content.detail/id/508032.html?nav=5151 (I also put the link in red above in case you want to just click there.) It's about the 8th article down entitled "Got a Crush on You"! Loved that title! Seriously, he works in the office with a computer and phone doing strategic planning and business development. They keep him as far away from heavy machinery as possible, (smile) but it sounds like he's really out there working with the rocks in the article. Shayla pictures him wearing a hard hat and driving a big dump truck around because when we go to visit him, he likes to give her a tour and they put on their hard hats and go exploring the quarry in his truck.

1 Comments:

At 26/8/08 9:17 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Well duh, I completely missed the "Sweden hint"! It was fascinating to read the article about Shayne's company. I wasn't sure "where in the world Carmen/Shayne San Diego" was or what he was doing! Sounds like a great change of pace after being in a bank. Now if we could just figure where his luggage is we would be in great shape. Happy to report it's not in Katy, TX because we don't have an airport! Maybe if all the bloggers look around we can locate it!

Praying for you and sending good thoughts. I pray this will be your best class/year ever! (Although teaching Shayla in a few years would have to be great too! Of course how many seventh graders have teachers named DR. Thomas instead of Mrs. Thomas!!!)

Love Holly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home