Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, August 25, 2008

School Update

I'm so sorry to say I cannot yet update about the dreaded day because I accidentally left my camera at school! (And quite frankly, I'm not quite ready to hash it over and talk about it yet - how "weird" it was!)

Therefore, I'll post this photo Shayne sent us and see if anyone can correctly guess his location. I think what made today even harder emotionally was that he's on another a short trip for work. (Once again his luggage is lost! He said that the airlines gave him a white tee shirt and that was it. Funny thing is we joked about this while he was packing and trying to figure out what to wear. OK, I guess it's not too funny for him right now trying to do business with one outfit only - plus that white tee shirt - but I'm at least laughing at something today!) I always worry about him when he's gone and I thank the many wonderful neighbors, family and friends who are with me. I wouldn't have made it through the day without all of the prayers!

And thanks to the sweet and beautiful Jennifer and Olivia for sending the flowers. (I know these young girls do NOT have the $$ to do that!) Their sweet card said:

We're thinking of you most especially today. We hope the day was a gentle one. Thank you so much for sharing Christi with us. She has changed our lives forever. We love you.

Any idea what country Shayne was in in this photo? He was recently interviewed for the newspaper's "Odd Jobs" section. When I get a chance to scan it, and upload it here, I will. I don't believe I've ever said what Shayne has done for work for the past year as it's really hard to explain so maybe the article will help. Let's just say I call him my "Rock Star"!

11 Comments:

At 25/8/08 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon! Not fair - that picture has hardly anything in it! Though it's very green... so I'm making a wild guess for my home country, Ireland. But I'm taking a back-up vote for Canada.

I hope that everyday will get easier for you as the school year progresses. Courage! We're all behind you - not that you would not be able to do it admirably on your own :-)

Irene

 
At 25/8/08 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWEDEN! LOL I had to chuckle Angela, because when I clicked on the photo to enlarge it and get a better view of where Shayne is, it says "Shayneinsweden". I can't believe his luggage is lost...again! Oh my!
I am hoping that when you're up to updating us on your day, that in between the many "weird" moments, there was good ones as well. Sending you big hugs tonight! Hope Shayla's day was great!

 
At 25/8/08 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consitering the url of the picture is "ShayneinSweden" I'm gonna go out on a limb there and say he's in Sweden. Never ever would have guess it, though.

I hope the day went okay. My first day of school is tomorrow and I think I might be dreading it just as much as you were. I'm thinking about you for the rest of the year. I'm sure Christi will be there with you always.

-Micaela

 
At 25/8/08 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holyoke ma

 
At 25/8/08 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Angela you gave it away - the picture is titled "Shayne Sweden". :)

 
At 25/8/08 8:41 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I thought of you all day today, Angela. I am so glad the flowers arrived safely.

Many, many, many hugs to you!
Olivia

 
At 25/8/08 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would guess, but it's not quite fair because when you click on the photo to make it bigger it says the name of the country!

 
At 25/8/08 10:07 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I noticed when I clicked on the picture and it opened I saw your jpg. file name "Shane in Sweden". So this is either Sweden or you are one prankster and I fell for it.

I just hope it gets better for you. My best friend Ali (27 y.o) just passed away from neuroendocrine cancer, and I am devastated. I cannot imagine what you are going through. It must be a million times worse. If I could even put a quantitative value on it, which I know I can't.My family will continue to keep you and yours in our prayers. Take care and God Bless!

Kimberly

 
At 25/8/08 10:16 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I hope your day was better than you thought it would be. We are glad you liked the flowers - love you!!

 
At 26/8/08 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me guess, I thing it's Sweden, just like the title of the photograhp when you open it!

 
At 26/8/08 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may not have been able to teach Christi in school, but you got to teach her throughout her life. The lessons a parent teaches there child is something that sticks with them through their whole lives. I'm sure the lessons you taught christi in her life meant more to her then anything. My little sister is starting Kindergarden at SE this year...and I worry about her. I know Seneca East is a great school, I graduated from there. Hopefully you will be her seventh grade teacher. I hope the year gets better for you!Your in my thoughts and prayers as this year progesses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home