Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Time Has Come

1st grade (2002) Christi found out her teacher's favorite color was yellow so she wanted to get a basket and fill it with yellow things for her teacher, she did. That girl was creative! Two weeks later, her teacher drove to Columbus to bring Christi a boquet of yellow flowers in the hospital because her teacher found out that Christi's favorite color was yellow too. Precious!
2nd grade (2003) After missing all of first grade, second grade finally arrived and we were so happy she could go to school!
3rd grade (2004) Christi's Best Year of School!
4th grade (2005) Finally getting that favorite teacher we all had been waiting for! Shayla will enjoy that treat this year, just as Shayne and Christi did! (Caroline must have been three years old when she was Shayne's teacher! Hee hee!)
5th grade (2006) It all ended too quickly!

This year, Christi should be giving me flowers as a 7th grader. (She always wanted me to be her teacher; however, I'm willing to bet as a 7th grader that would not be something she'd want anymore. Regardless, I would have been happy to give it a whirl!)


Christi left a message for me (August 2006) while I was getting my classroom ready for school and I had to run for a quick meeting with the principal. When I came back, there was this great surprise. I'm so glad I had my camera with me and I snapped a picture of it. Her little joke with me about it was that I may love English, but she loved me! I've worried about this day since her death, and now it is here. Other than seeing her cemetery plaque (which isn't even ordered yet) I think this should be my last big hurdle. I hope so anyway!

And with that - I'm off to school! God, please be with me. Please don't let me cry in front of my students like I am afraid will happen. Let me be that teacher / actress I have had to be on occasion for my sweet students (Christi's classmates). They deserve the best! I'm really scared! Be with me, Lord! Christi, if you can, please make lots of little funny things happen today so I know you're with us all too!

11 Comments:

At 25/8/08 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you today...

 
At 25/8/08 6:23 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

Do you have more than one 7th grade class?? Would you be able to teach your own child?

 
At 25/8/08 7:51 AM, Blogger Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

Dear Angela

I have absolutely no doubt that Christi will be with you in Spirit, more so than normal, today.

I will be sending up prayers to God that he gives you the strength to smile, the wisdom to find words when you'd rather cry and the ability to concentrate on those who are lucky enough to have one of the best teachers in the USA.

God Bless from Australia.

Michelle

 
At 25/8/08 7:51 AM, Blogger Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

Dear Angela

I have absolutely no doubt that Christi will be with you in Spirit, more so than normal, today.

I will be sending up prayers to God that he gives you the strength to smile, the wisdom to find words when you'd rather cry and the ability to concentrate on those who are lucky enough to have one of the best teachers in the USA.

God Bless from Australia.

Michelle

 
At 25/8/08 9:39 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Just stopping in to let you know I am thinking of you Angela on this first day of school ... I just love looking back at so many great pictures of Christi... I pray you have the strength today ... God Bless!

Rebekah - Prior Lake, MN

 
At 25/8/08 12:14 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm thinking of you today.

Love and prayers!

 
At 25/8/08 1:07 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Thinking of you today. All the best.

 
At 25/8/08 1:53 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

You've been on my mind all day, Angela. Sending you loads of love and many hugs!

I hope the day was as gentle as possible for you.

Olivia

 
At 25/8/08 2:48 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Think of you and praying for you today Angela!

Kim

 
At 25/8/08 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Angela,
I hope and pray that the day went well for you at school and that Christi sent you messages.

Sorry I haven't logged in for a while, we just moved 600 kilometers to Alsace, took months of preparations and I haven't looked in lately. Your family and Christi are often in my thoughts and prayers tho. I adore the pictures today, Christi and Shayla are just so beautiful, so sweet!
Take care,
love Angela

 
At 25/8/08 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing the news that today was a great day! Loved seeing all these great photos. How cute that note on the blackboard is from Christi! What a sweet memory...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home