Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

RIP Sweet Grandma

(PIC: Dec. 1997 Christi's First Xmas. Now these three are all together again: Grandma & Grandpa Gear & Christi) I'd just finished reading "bedtime stories" to Shayla last night when Shayne came upstairs. His mom had just called, informing us that Grandma died late yesterday afternoon. We all sat in Shayla's room and cried, exactly like we did the night Christi died.


(PIC: Mother's Day, 2004) She was THE SWEETEST grandma one could have ever asked for. I have only the fondest memories of a wonderful woman who was like my very own grandma for 23 years. I tell myself that Christi has already assembled grandma at a puzzle station where they're sitting side-by-side putting together the most beautiful puzzle that has ever been in God's wonderful Kingdom. Shayla was comforted to know that Swiffer and Grandma went to Heaven together yesterday.

9 Comments:

At 2/12/08 8:28 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

My deepest sympathies to you Shayne, Shayla and your whole family on the death of your Grandma.

You will all be in my prayers.

With lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 2/12/08 9:14 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Dear Angela, Shayne and Shayla,

I am so very sorry for you loss. I remember you speaking often of Grandma Gear. Her loving and beautiful spirit were so evident in all she did.

My prayers go to all of you during this difficult time.

Many hugs,
Olivia

 
At 2/12/08 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heartfelt sympathy to all of you. May sweet Grandma rest in peace. I am sure Christi was there to greet her and Swiffer.

 
At 2/12/08 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow , Christi will have her hands full today - Welcoming both Swiffer and grandma into heaven and showing them both around ! So sad to hear of their deaths and yet i am so relieved to know that Swiffer will no longer be suffering and unable to breath, Angela I think you have had enough of death quite frankly And so tonight i will pray That the lord doesn't take any one else in your family to his kingdom any time soon !!! Shayla I'm sure that Christi will take good care of Swiffer and will be (as you say) showing him off to all of her angel friends x -It must be such a releif for you to know that Christi is still with family members in heaven - Praying for your comfort - Amber xxx

 
At 2/12/08 1:35 PM, Blogger Frapper said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Grandma. She sounds like a very special lady, and I'm glad that you have such wonderful memories of her. I'm sorry also that Shayla lost her little Swiffer. No loss is small when it's someone that we loved so much.

 
At 3/12/08 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry - sending you prayers. It's never easy - even if the person has lived a long life. I hope your treasured memories of Grandma help at this point.

Irene

 
At 3/12/08 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma Shayne & Angela.
May it bring some comfort knowing how wonderful a moment it was when she was greeted by Christi at heaven's gate!

 
At 3/12/08 12:42 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

((hugs)) to all

my heart is with you.

dani

 
At 6/12/08 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dirge without Music
Edna St. Vincent Millay
I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the hard ground.
So it is, and so it will be, for so it has been, time out of mind:
Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely. Crowned
With lilies and with laurel they go; but I am not resigned.
Lovers and thinkers, into the earth with you.
Be one with the dull, the indiscriminate dust.
A fragment of what you felt, of what you knew,
A formula, a phrase remains, --- but the best is lost.

The answers quick & keen, the honest look, the laughter, the love,
They are gone. They have gone to feed the roses. Elegant and curled
Is the blossom. Fragrant is the blossom. I know. But I do not approve.
More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses in the world.

Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home