Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, March 30, 2009

The orthopedic doctor obviously didn't know my history, as I sat and patiently listened while he fully explained to me this afternoon what MRI and CT scans were. He believes Shayla probably has a stress fracture in her right foot due to over usage. Tomorrow we'll have her do a MRI and hopefully that will let him figure out what to do next. We'll meet with him on Wednesday morning.

She'll also start her physical therapy tomorrow, but tonight she's off to musical practice. While waiting for her doctor's appointment she completed a couple of scrapbook pages - they are darling! After her appointment she asked if I could take her to Wal-Mart to ask the manager for a donation of 51-75 goldfish. When I asked her, "What for?" She said, "I volunteered to ask for my 4H club. They're for the Goldfish Toss for the 4H Kick Off night games." I responded back with, "I hope you're not really going to toss the goldfish." She responded with many giggles. At the store, I stood back and watched her with amazement. I cannot believe she had the guts to do that. She was so gracious with the response as well. She's amazing!

6 Comments:

At 30/3/09 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what was their response? You can't just leave us hanging ;-)

 
At 30/3/09 9:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

HI Shayla, Hope your 4-H year is going well. Did you get the donation from Walmart? Keep up the good work. I just came from judging the 4-H Speech Contest for another county. Take care and many hugs to you!!! Jean

 
At 31/3/09 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You left us hanging!! Did she get the 51-75 goldfish?! :-)

Sara

 
At 31/3/09 1:01 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I think it's wonderful that she asked for the goldfish donation all by herself! What a grown up little girl.

I hope that the MRI gives you some answers, that treatment will be a breeze, and that Shayla feels as good as new in no time at all!

Wishing your family all the best,
Rachel

 
At 31/3/09 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Explaining to a cancer parent who lost their child what an MRI and CT are... the poor bloke! Can you imagine his astonishment at your patience if he knew????

 
At 31/3/09 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe God has something really, really, big planned for Shayla's future. She is just WAY too AMAZING to be anything ordinary when she grows up! Hmmm...President Thomas?!!! I think so. She has MY vote already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home