Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Love a Parade

Shayla fulfilled one of her "three parade/festival" requirements for her Heritage Festival Jr. Princess "duties" over the weekend.
Shayne and I borrowed grandma Nee Nee's "fun car" and drove her in the Tiffin Developmental Center's parade. (Thanks, Joan!) It was a "jam packed" parade route with 60 parade entries. I had no idea what a wonderful parade it was, a pleasant shock!
The weather was simply gorgeous and we could not believe all of the people we knew along the parade route. Shayla thought it was a blast and Shayne and I really enjoyed it too. We used to take the girls to that parade when they were little and I'm very disappointed with myself in that I cannot find those pictures, hmmmmm! I will keep looking.
My "bargain of the month" (and simple to order). Two banners - $25.00.

5 Comments:

At 20/10/09 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED the first picture. it most be one of the best pictures I ever have seen of Shayla

 
At 20/10/09 5:25 PM, Anonymous tulip said...

She is SO beautiful. What fun memories!! Congrats!

 
At 21/10/09 7:28 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Shayla looks great, and what a wonderful car. :-D Glad the parade was fun. :-D

 
At 22/10/09 7:45 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Shayla, you are absolutely beautiful and I am so glad you had a nice time at the parade!

I love the banners and the car is awesome!

Olivia

 
At 22/10/09 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Thomas Team!
You may already know about this, but one of the images on the following page seems to be of Christi's cell line?

http://www.cogcell.org/

All the way down and to the left, according to the description right next to it. (© Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2008)
Shown are confocal images of CHLA-90 (above), and FU-NB-2006 (left).
Confocal images by Felicia Codrea.)


I literally screamed when I saw the name of the cell line (so if it isn't her line, I will look really stupid, hehe).

Shayla, you look gorgeous in the pictures! Hope you had fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home