Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thanks, Bloggers! She had a great Bday!

Thank you sweet Bloggers for all of the kind birthday wishes! Shayla had a great day (well, except for forgetting the lunch I packed her and her valentine candies to pass out at the class party - but....LOL), she still said it was a fantastic day! Go, Shay, Go! I love your attitude!

After school she was able to visit with her grandma Nee Nee and her aunt V and also her second cousin - what a little cutie.


Then she had two friends over and they played, played, played until I told them to roll out their sleeping bags I was going to bed. (OK, most likely they played long after that, but I wouldn't know. I fell asleep.....and found all sorts of curling irons, brushes and make up on the bathroom counter this morning, interesting.)

I drove through "Cold Stone" before I left BG on Friday afternoon. I just had to buy these amazing cupcakes/ice cream treats for the girls. And I thought everyone should get to blow out a candle, not just the birthday girl. She's already spoiled. Thank the Lord she doesn't act like it! I cannot believe how sweet, thoughtful and incredibly considerate she continues to be. Her maturity amazes me. Thanks be to God!






Saturday brought basketball and then sledding with aunt V and the little princess who had never seen snow before - much less THIS MUCH of it. FUN, FUN, FUN! It ended with two more friends spending the night. Family, friends - true blessing in life! Thank you everyone!

Thank you, dear Lord for this amazing gift you've richly blessed us with! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHAYLA!

6 Comments:

At 13/2/10 8:00 PM, Blogger Vi (pronounced Vy) said...

HAPPY BDAY SHAYLA!!! And I LOVE your new room!

~Nikki from the NB Blogathon

 
At 13/2/10 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you mind me asking what happend to shyla's glasses she dose not seem to be wearing them any more

 
At 13/2/10 9:20 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

happy birthday SHAYLA!!!!

kati and i looked for you at the bowling alley today but we heard you couldnt make it. sorry we missed you!

<3

 
At 14/2/10 5:36 AM, Anonymous Amber said...

Looks like Shayla had a blast!!! Can't believe She's 11, Where did that time go! All my Love, Amber Xx

 
At 14/2/10 8:39 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Shayla!! I love the new bedroom and the scrapbook is amazing!!

 
At 14/2/10 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sweetheart of a young lady deserves a sweetheart of a day! So very glad you had a wonderful birthday Shayla.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home