Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

12 on the 12th!

Happy 12th Birthday to our sweet child, Shayla! At this time 12 years ago, I met her for the first time. Little did we know she would become an only child seven years later. And I knew she'd need me, but little did I know I would need her, really need her to keep me going through the tough days and dark nights. I am so thankful for this most beautiful, precious and awesome gift! I do not deserve her! Happy Bday, Shay Shay! I love you so much! (PIC: Last night with grandparents)

My training was fantastic yesterday! I observed in seven different classrooms (grades 5, 6, 7 & 8) and learned from about 14 amazing teachers! I have some new teaching techniques and strategies to incorporate in my classes and to share with the teachers I work with every Monday and Tuesday. I have some research and related information about what I saw to read on the plane today.


Shayla's day was also fabulous! She returned to Busch Gardens (with her season pass - thanks mom and dad) for another wonderful day with her grandparents!

Last night she was so surprised when she learned they had a birthday cake for her. (There's another surprise in store later on today.) I love this gal so much! It's a blast to surprise her and make her happy!

And to my students who may be reading this (since I know some of you do "stalkers" hee hee), my GA told me your test scores from yesterday were very good (and she also said you got a bit "salty" with her.....something about expecting "treaties" - hmmmmmmm, can't imagine what that was all about, hee hee, LOL!) I'll post your scores as soon as I get back to campus. Do something nice for someone else today; you may not get a tomorrow! Take care, I'll see you Monday!







8 Comments:

At 12/2/11 9:29 AM, Blogger lalalovely lindsay said...

Happy birthday, Shayla! You're such a beautiful young lady!

 
At 12/2/11 9:48 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Shayla! I hope you have a great day in Florida!

 
At 12/2/11 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 12th birthday to Shayla! She is getting incredibly beautiful every day! I have been following your Blog since Christie was alive.

Heading to Orlando, Florida next week to take our 13-year-old to see the new Harry Potter Theme Park. She is also very excited about getting to stay in the Nickelodeon Suites Hotel!

Wendy Landers
Concord, Georgia

 
At 12/2/11 2:53 PM, Anonymous Holly Whittet said...

Happy 12th Birthday Shayla

 
At 12/2/11 6:09 PM, Anonymous Simone said...

Happy 12th birthday Shayla! You are an amazing, beautiful girl! Angela, you are truly blessed.

 
At 13/2/11 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 12th Birthday Shayla! Just wanted to let you know that you are one smart, sweet and beautiful girl :) Also, I see you're having a lot of fun down here in Florida. I haven't been to Busch Gardens in years, I definitely want to go soon. I love the big/thrill rides as well, so much fun!

 
At 13/2/11 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shayla!!
Have a wonderful day. I hope you enjoy the surprise later on?!!!
Lots of love and birthday wishes, Isabel x

 
At 13/2/11 11:04 AM, Blogger Sammie Ryan said...

Happy 12th Birthday Shayla !!

I'm so glad you had a fantastic time.
Enjoy the rest of your special month.

Love from
SAM (Ireland)xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home