Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

An Amazing Weekend

Attending the funeral for one of Shayla's 4H friend's moms last week, once again put a lot in perspective for us. Gayla will be missed! She always had a camera around her neck was always so sweet to Shayla; Shayla wanted to go to the funeral home when she was asked. The death of a 45 year old was yet another wake up call and reminder for us to embrace loved ones and to live and enjoy life with family while you can.

Shayne and I definitely did that this weekend with an early 20th Wedding Anniversary weekend in Las Vegas. I booked a plane ticket for Aunt V to come and take care of Shayla and Shayne arranged for us an incredible room with a fountain view at the Bellagio (see picture). He also booked our tickets to see "O" on Saturday night. I've seen a lot of shows, but never one as amazing as that. We are both still in awe! Thanks, sweet Aunt V for giving us some much needed couple time!



(Check out our incredible desserts at the Bellagio! They wrote "Happy 20th Wedding Anniversary" on our plates - amazing!)
I was recently asked by my boss and my "boss boss" to apply for something very exciting going on in teacher education at Stanford University so I did that on the plane (fingers crossed). Before taking off for the weekend I received word that I grant I wrote to study middle grades ELL students (English Language Learners) in NYC was approved for funding so I'm totally psyched about that! It's an area I only have "book knowledge" about and my awesome BGSU student deserve more than that from me. I called sweet Olivia right away and said, "I'm coming to see you!" because of course I will squeeze that in too! Boy am I blessed! Thank you, Lord Almighty!

4 Comments:

At 20/3/11 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Angela and Shayne! So glad you got away for some special couple time. Looks like you had a fabulous time and those desserts look AWESOME!!!

Congrats on the work opportunities. You are so deserving of all your blessings!

 
At 20/3/11 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...almost forgot to say -- enjoy your time with Olivia! I wish I was meeting up with you both too! Someday...

 
At 25/3/11 2:37 PM, Anonymous Susy said...

Love Vegas. Happy Anniversary. That looks like La Cirque deserts. YUMMY

 
At 24/11/11 3:15 PM, Anonymous fort collins, co family portrait photographer said...

mmm, what a delicious desserts! Happy 20th anniversary.Both of you are so blessed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home