Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, February 21, 2011

A Kalahari Kind of Bday

Thanks to sweet Grandma Nee Nee, Shayla had a FANTASTIC bday celebration! I was selected to present a session for middle grades teachers at a conference at Kalahari and it just so happened that Shayla did not have school that day either. We thought that was the perfect mix for a party: babysitting by grandma at a waterpark with mom to take over at the end of the day, sweet!

Shayne came up both days after he was finished at work. He was AWESOME surfing! I had a blast taking pictures of him!
Kalahari - an AMAZING indoor water park!

All of the girls had fun trying to "surf" on the Wave Rider. (Pic: Shayla)

The six girls really enjoyed our large condo we rented for two nights. Grandma and I cooked up some delicious meals and treats. Shayne created a wonderful Scavenger Hunt and the 6th graders enjoyed fixing each other's hair and putting on make up. Ahhhhhh, to be twelve! HAPPY SHAYLUARY!

7 Comments:

At 22/2/11 11:16 AM, Blogger The Rees Family said...

Angela! I thought I saw you at the Kalahari this past weekend! My family and I were there too! I was in the wave pool and thought I saw you walking by on the upper level. Too far to get your attention over all the noise, and I didn't see you again. Hope you all had a great time, we sure did!

 
At 22/2/11 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shayla is so beautiful, angela!!

we miss Christi so much.

Thank you for continuing to provide us with updates on your wonderful family! We love you guys!

 
At 22/2/11 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I visited your site. I can't believe how much Shayla has grown up! Word of advice: Don't Blink!!! I did and my girl started college this fall! I'm glad to see you guys happy and doing well. God Bless your family.

 
At 22/2/11 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Shayla! you share the same birthday date as my oldest son - he was born on Febuary 12, 1988. I do think though that you were able to celebrate your 12th bday in a little more style than he did; althought he did have a great "golden" bday, too!

 
At 24/2/11 12:44 PM, Blogger Sammie Ryan said...

Wow kalahari looks amazing... such a fun place.
You always have such wonderful adventures as a family,
Shayla it looks like you had a fabulous time with you friends and family.
Happy Happy "Shaylauary" to you !

Love from
Sam (ireland)xxx

 
At 25/2/11 4:36 PM, Anonymous Simone said...

I love Kalahari :) Looks like she had fun!

 
At 28/2/11 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Shayla is looking more and more like you <3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home