Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wrapping Up Shaylauray

As the waiter at Applebees greeted us on Tuesday, he asked what brought us in. We told him it was "Shaylauary". He looked confused. Shayla and her friend giggled. Shayne jokingly asked him where he was from that he didn't know what Shaylauary was then he explained to the waiter that Shayla is so awesome she needs more than just one day to celebrate her life; she deserves a whole month. At the end of the meal, our awesome waiter brought her a big ice cream sundae and wished her a happy Shaylauary - LOL!

Not only did the girls enjoy another awesome Snow Day on Tuesday, but Shayne received free box seats to see "Madagascar Live" in Toledo so after dinner at Applebees, we went to the Stranahan Theatre and enjoyed the show. It was a bit young for Shayla; however, everything is awesome with a friend we've recently discovered. As you can see, they had a blast!

Pic: Buttercup, Christi's cat, "helping" me with my work. She's so funny! Every time I drop a new pile of papers on the floor to start working through she comes and "rubs her fur" over them. I remember, the summer before Christi died, she told me her biggest fear was of Buttercup dying. Now that the cat is older, I have actually started having the same fear. It's like one of the very last "Christi Connections" I still have. I don't want to lose it, yet I know I will one day.


Shayla enjoyed another marvelous Snow Day yesterday. (And can you believe my university - a residential university, was actually closed too due to poor weather, crazy! I cancelled my class and gave my students an online assignment and then five minutes later the text came in that the university was closed. I was laughing at the remaining texts telling us which dining halls were open and that they were opening up the Rec Center. Ahhhhh, to be young and in college again and to only have those worries! LOL!) In the afternoon I took Shayla up to the Sandusky Mall to meet our "condo friends" for dinner and to send Shayla off with them for the weekend. It's really odd that one of her very best friends isn't from her school, but someone she only sees in the summer. Now I can't imagine how they'd live without texting each other every day (smile), but I'm glad she has this very sweet and very special friend. I know she's having a great weekend - finally getting to see her friend's "real home" and celebrating this beautiful young lady's 13th birthday too! Shayne and I are enjoying some couple time in the midst of trying to catch up on a lot of things that are going on right now with work for both of us - all good, really good, just eating up a TON of our time! Please take care of you and yours; have a fabulous weekend!

1 Comments:

At 28/2/11 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's already the end of Shaylauary! Where did the month go??? Shay, I'm so glad you've had such a fantastic month -- and my prayer is the rest of the coming year is as special as you are to all who know you! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home