Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, February 17, 2006

"A Good Night"


She stayed up late last night munching and playing on the computer. After midnight I told her I was going to sleep and to tell me when she was ready to have me unplug her IV pole and get her back into her bed. About 2:00 AM I heard her say, "Why don't astronauts eat in space? Because they had a big launch!" And then I heard a response, "Are you always this cheerful?" It was from her sweet night nurse so I rolled over knowing Danny had everything under control. Hopefully, she'll have a good day too!

I'm anxious to see her blood counts this morning. I'm hoping she has an ANC and we may be out of here soon! (Praying hard!) A doctor came in just a bit ago, but when he saw she was still sleeping he said he'd be back later. (I explained she was up late playing last night.) I'm hoping to be at Ronald by Sunday, visiting with Dr. Maris on Monday and hopefully on a plane back to Ohio late Monday or Tuesday where I think we'll be able to stay for about a week before returning. (That's MY plan; we'll see what the docs have in mind. I know it all depends upon her blood counts.) Come on, white cells!

8 Comments:

At 17/2/06 9:40 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh I LOVE that computer picture!! :) What a great way to start my day, made me smile.

How wonderful that Christi is feeling up to playing on the computer, and chatting and telling jokes to her nurse. That's great!

Come on white cells rise!!

Praying hard, loving you dearly and sending hugs!!
Love you!!
Heather

 
At 17/2/06 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on ANC!!! Go up up up! Christi, you are too funny! Hope you have a great day today!
Megan in NC

 
At 17/2/06 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news that she is feeling better. As bad as she was feeling it is good to know that the chemo was doing its job. I hate to see her suffer but it just means her body is responding to the chemo the way we want it to. Killing that nasty disease. My parents were born and raised in Pennsylvania. Even though I didn't live there my brother and I grew up on tasty cakes. My grandma would send a box every month. I'm with Pat, I love those chocolate ones. (and the peanut butter).
We hope Christi has another good day and that her blood counts look much better! I'm sure they will if she had the stamina to stay up past 2am!!!!
Many prayers and much love.
Jodie and Karlie

 
At 17/2/06 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So we've got a little night owl huh ;)!

I just want to let little Ms. Christi know that i'm performing in a dance production of Beauty and the Beast tonight as LeFou, and i want to personally dedicate my performance in it to her!

Keep fighting sweet girl!! You're a winner through and through! My thoughts and prayers are forever with you and your family!

Love Always, Allie

 
At 17/2/06 11:39 AM, Blogger nikki the red said...

willing lots of good white cells christi's way!!! by the way, i LOVE her jokes! i've always enjoyed reading them on your journal.

 
At 17/2/06 12:35 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Just saying hi. :)

Hope you're having a good day sweet Christi. Playing computer, reading and eating!! (Yes I'm annoying like Nonee about that too.)

Lots of love, tons of prayers! I love you all!!

Heather

 
At 17/2/06 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christi, just checking in on you. Love the joke! Always thinking of you and your folks. That's quite a team you've got.

 
At 17/2/06 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cat is sooooooo cute . Christi sounds like your doing great . We will continue to pray for you . Your a awesome girl and real fighter . Have a fun weekend !!!!!

UpperSandusky , Ohio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home