Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

An Update for the Christi Crew

Sorry for the delay. All is fine right now!! Christi continues to feel very well; praise God! I was planning to update tomorrow when I have Christi's blood count results; however, pulling up my email after being away for five days and reading many messages of concern, I see I must update the blog now for the worried Christi Crew Members. Here goes:

All is well!
We've been "out and about". The girls and I stayed overnight with my sister in Cincinnati for a couple of nights. We were treated to Kings Island (located minutes from their home) and then we drove back north where the girls spent two nights with their Grandma Nonee and Paw Paw. Meanwhile, Shayne and I enjoyed some much needed couple time at the lake with Grandma Nee Nee.

Unless Christi's blood counts are high enough and a clinical trial is open, we shall be home all week. If magically her platelets are "75" and a trial is open, I hope to be on a plane to Philadelphia tomorrow night. (It's highly unlikely that all of that will come together, but I'd love nothing more!!) She continues to feel very well, but I know the disease is brewing and I want to get some treatment in before it takes off again. Time is not on our side. Prayers for platelets are very much appreciated.

Thanks for your love, concern and support!
Below are pictures of the four cousins at Kings Island last Thursday:

Perfect Ending to a Perfect Day at Kings Island!
Yet another roller coaster ride with Shelby
Ashley and Christi look "scared", hee hee! (Christi rode "The Vortex" TWICE!)
Brave cousins take on the Rapids

3 Comments:

At 10/7/06 9:11 AM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Good morning Thomas Team! Keep having all that fun!!!...everyone will know that no news is good news. Christi, I just love seeing you on the roller coasters! Hoping and praying that those counts are soaring! BELIEVE!
love, sylvia xoxoxo

 
At 10/7/06 9:14 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Delighted I am to hear and see that Christi continues to feel well. She's much braver than I (I have no stomach for roller coasters at all.)

Praying for platlets and for the clinical trial to be open.

Praying as always for strength, and peace for all of you.

Much love and many prayers,
Heather

 
At 10/7/06 12:48 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

We spent last week doing the Stem Cell dance for Eden and it worked very well, so this week we will make the necessary adjustments to the dance for platelets and keep it going all week for Christi..

I am so happy to hear of the wonderful days you are all having filled with Family, friends and laughter.

As Always you are in our daily prayers!

Love Lisa (www.edenadams.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home