Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Back to Work

Since my pay started being docked again this year on the day Christi died, I knew it'd only be a matter of time before I had to return to work. Little Shayla has been very concerned about me not earning a paycheck. More than once she has said, "Is daddy working really hard?" When I'd ask her to tell me more it always came to mean that if daddy lost his job we wouldn't be able to live in our house anymore. We reassured her that I would be returning to school when I thought I was able to handle it and I'll head out early tomorrow morning to see how it goes. (PHOTO: To this day I still do not know why I even had my camera with me at school on what ended up being the final day Christi spent in my classroom, I can only believe it to be divine internvetion. I shall forever treasure this photo!)

Christi & Mr. Jones support the Seneca East Lady Tigers, Dec. 2005My deepest thanks to my great sub, Mr. Jones. (When Shayne and I were in Jr. High school, he was our jr. high language arts teacher; small world! Tonight while Shayla was at religion class I was able to work in my classrom for a couple of hours; I think I'm ready!

Over the weekend, we'll be getting together with "The Baker Bunch" - good friends we have not seen since we were with them just weeks before Christi was diagnosed (July 2002). I'm looking forward to catching up with the all "The Boys.......and Melissa". Melissa and I have so much in common. We met in college when we lived on the same floor at BGSU and have been friends ever since. Within weeks of each other we both: got first grade teaching positions, got engaged, got married, were in each other's weddings, bought our first homes and learned our first babies were also due within weeks of each other!! Additionally, we share a special bond of having our first borns fight for their lives. (The Baker boys were born months early when each weighed less than two pounds, true miracles!)
Of course I can't find the last pictures of when we were together in July of 2002, but here are some from June of 2000! (Christi 3, Shayla 1)
I hate to admit I do not remember if this is Collin or Connor, but regardless Melissa and I joked that it looked like an engagement picture! What a good looking pair! We hope the Baker boys are ready for the Thomas team and we're counting down the hours until we will be together after four years and 4 months!

10 Comments:

At 8/11/06 9:57 PM, Blogger Tine said...

Good luck going back to your classroom and teaching! I've been thinking about all of you. Thank you for continuing to share Christi stories and pictures with us.

 
At 8/11/06 10:22 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Oh Angela, I'll bet Shayla is going to be so happy to have you back in school too. I just love the I Love You message that Christi wrote on the board. I remember when you posted that after you took it...so very special. And I definitely believe in divine intervention.

Have fun with the Baker Bunch!

love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 8/11/06 10:28 PM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

Hi Mrs. Thomas, we prayed and asked Jesus to hold your hand as you go to school tomorrow. And we know that Christi will be holding your other hand. We love you guys.

XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 9/11/06 2:50 AM, Blogger Frapper said...

I'm so glad too that you had your camera and captured that precious blackboard note from your Christi. My prayers are with you as you gear up to return to work; I'm glad you were able to work in your classroom while Shayla was in her religion class. I know you'll have a great time visiting with your old friends again.

 
At 9/11/06 9:18 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Dear Friends,

I hope today was as gentle on you as possible. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to head back to school without your precious Christi there with you.

Have a grand time this weekend with Melissa and the boys.

With all my love and prayers for always,
Heather

 
At 9/11/06 9:38 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I hope your return to work is easier then you expected, and that you feel Christi there with you. Since it was her favourite place, I'm quite sure she's been waiting for you to come back. All the best.
Robin,
Bradford, Ontario Canada

 
At 9/11/06 10:00 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Angela, I know that Christi will be with you when you return to teaching. You are an amazing woman and your student are so lucky to have you! I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

With love and admiration -

Kim

 
At 9/11/06 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today on your first day back!

 
At 9/11/06 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing all the best with work, I am sure things will go Great for you!! Have a Great time with your sweet friends!

Love,
Misty

 
At 9/11/06 7:35 PM, Blogger brooke said...

Hi Angela,
I've been praying for you all day. Hoping that your first day back to work wasn't as hard as it may have been.

warmly,
Brooke, in Logan, UT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home