Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Christi's Ribbon in Washington DC

It must have been like finding a needle in a haystack, but the amazing Cheryl did it! I bet she had a special helper searching the tree for the name.
Sweet Chemo Angel, Cheryl, attended the candelighters event Saturday night in DC. She donated a ribbon in Christi's memory to the annual canderlighters.org tree that stands proudly at the Old Post Office Pavillion in Washington DC. Her husband took her there to witness the lighting of the tree.

She wrote....I attended the event Saturday night; not too many dry eyes for very long! Over 500 people were in attendance and I was able to find Christi's ribbon on the tree! Amazing! The pictures will show you, the tree is LOADED with gold ribbons in honor of or in memory of way too many children. It was like finding the needle in the haystack but we were determined and the emotions didn't hit until I found each one I was looking for. Hugs to all." Thank you, Cheryl! Thank you, Chemo Angels!


Tonight I will teach my final class of the semester for Heidelberg College; it is with mixed feelings. I'm grateful to have some more time; however, I've really come to love and respect my students and I will miss our weekly class sessions and all that they brought to class. While the summer class I taught went off without a hitch, the one that ends tonight started off very rough. (I taught the first week - even though Shayne drove Christi the night before out to Philly, then I had to have Heidelberg Professors sub for me for the next two weeks while I was in Philadealphia with Christi. I really feel like it was this job that got me moving again as I had to teach about 48 hours after Christi was buried. I some how managed to get dressed and to pretend nothing had happened in my personal life and I can really say it was the best thing that happened in three weeks!) Tonight, I reflect back upon this wonderful opportunity this summer and fall with gratitude and thanks to the 'Berg for allowing me to teach classes for such a fine institution! I'd like to express my deepest gratitude and thanks to Heidelberg College for having the faith in me to teach these teachers striving to obtain their master's degrees. Next semester I will have the honor of teaching an undergraduate literacy class and I will work very hard to try to fill the shoes of the wonderful woman who taught the class before me! You can be certain what I will be working on over our holiday break!

5 Comments:

At 11/12/06 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so neat! I wonder how long she had to search for that. An awesome display of the fighters and angels.

Oh and in the pictures yesterday, Shayla looks TOO cute with her glasses.

Miss you guys..We need to get together over winter break(which starts Wednesday for me! hoorah!)

Love, Jennifer

 
At 11/12/06 8:49 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What a beautiful picture of Christi's ribbon and the tree is gorgeous. But it makes my heart so very, very sad that those ribbons are there at all.

I hope you had a good last class with your students.

I love you all!!

With love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 11/12/06 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to wish your family a wonderful Christmas :) Although this year your lovely christy will Not be spending it in person with you but in the christmas spirit :) She gets the honor of attending Jesus birthday right there with Him WoW what an awesome time that must be :) I have read your blogs since christy has gone home:( unfortunatly I didnt get the honor of knowing her or you until than but I look forward to reading your blogs almost every night :) I know Through reading your blogs that Gods Peace is with you gyes, That Gods strength and hope and comfort is getting your family through this :) And thats wonderful to see Gods hands upon your family.

Merry Christmas
God Bless
Karen

 
At 11/12/06 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,
I came across Christi's site while researching NB, asone of my students was diagnosed last fall. AS many others have said, I am amazed by your courageous journey and what an exceptional child Christi is. I ended up spending what seemed like hours reading, crying and being amazed by the wonderous things God will lead people to do in times of trial. your documentation of Christi's life is so wonderfully written and displayed, and it is a treasure that will keep her close to you always. You really should think about someday writing a book.many people could benefit from reading about Christi's life and legacy.
I hope you are able to have a blessed holiday season. You and your precious family are in my prayers daily.
Sara
Dallas, TX

 
At 12/12/06 1:49 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

WOW! What amazing luck Angel Cheryl had on her side finding Christi's beautiful gold ribbon! How amazing ~ I just know that Christi was up there helping by whispering "you are getting warmer" in Cheryl's ear ... what amazing kindness and generosity from complete strangers! Your family has touched SO many lives and of course Sweet Christi has impacted me beyond explanation!

Love from my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home