Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

New Pictures



Today, my wonderful Aunt Marty just emailed me these three pictures. I never saw them before so you can imagine my delight! She took them last year when she was babysitting for me one day. She said that they were trying to hard to cover themselves up so that they could be like "animals with fur". What a hoot! We've had a couple of challenging days. It's hard to believe these were snapped a few weeks before Christi's death; she was feeling so well then. I've been spending time at my sister's this week and finding I'm really missing Christi and wish she could be here playing too!


9 Comments:

At 8/8/07 3:38 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Such sweet pictures! It is amazing to see how much miss Shayla has changed in a year! She looks sooo much older!

 
At 8/8/07 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What silly girls! Those were taken on June 19th if I'm correct (there's other pictures in the some location with the same bathing suits).

I bet they had fun getting all that sand out of their bathing suits without actually having to go inside to shower. Hehe!

I love the sand on Christi's head, and the little pit she dug (what do you think they were pretending it was? Maybe the animal's bed?)And Shayla looks unbelievable adorable. Do you think her feet were hurting standing on those rocks? I'd love to see some more never posted pictures from last summer. Just to see what she was doing a year ago.

-Micaela

 
At 8/8/07 9:33 PM, Blogger Noah's Mommy said...

What a gift! What I would give for just one more photograph...I know how much you must treasure these. I am struck by how beautiful Christi seems to be tucked inside her own little sand "orb" in the last one. I check in on you daily and think of you and your family so often.

I understand how much you miss your precious child.

God bless,

Noah's Mommy

 
At 8/8/07 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures of Christi and Shayla! Looks like they had a great time covering themselves in "fur". Praying and thinking of all of the Thomas team!

 
At 8/8/07 11:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that picture of Christi and Shayla talking put a lump in my throat. Love you guys. I am having one of those "if you can't say anything good,..." moments, so I will just say I love you and I miss your kiddo for you. (not that you need any help in that department)

Spring

 
At 9/8/07 7:38 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Great pictures!! Thanks to Marty for sharing them.

I'm so sorry you're having some challenging days and missing Christi.

I continue to pray for your strength!

With all my love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 9/8/07 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla and Christi look so happy in those pictures.. its hard to believe that Christi's well being could deteriorate that quickly. I was close on the guessing game!! haha i had to have my mom help me so i kind of cheated :) i'm so sorry about your hard days.. it makes me cey how unfair life is sometimes
xoxo
Leah

 
At 9/8/07 11:32 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

What special pictures! I can imagine how much they must mean to you-- especially since you had not seen them before. Thank you so much for sharing.

Much love,
Olivia

 
At 10/8/07 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute idea they came up with and wow are they dirty! I hope there was a hose around :) They look adorable together.

Sorry I haven't written in about a week. I was on vacation in Milwaukee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home