Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

48 Hours in NYC: Friday

While I wouldn't recommend it for the weary, we spent an incredible 48 hours in NYC visiting many friends and seeing many sights. Our only disappointment was that we didn't get to spend enough time with everyone, nor were we able to see Bill as he was out of town.

As we waited for our Friday night flight to New York Shayne said, "Can you believe grandma's timing was perfect?" Weeks earlier we had been skating with Shayla. Shayne said, "Check the prices on flights. If it's not too expensive, let's take her to Rockefeller Center to skate before Christmas." When grandma died on Monday, I assumed we'd need to cancel our trip. Actually, as it turned out, we didn't need to make any changes. I thought of grandma countless times in NYC! May God bless and rest her soul!

Viewing the incredibly gorgeous store front windows at Saks Fifth Avenue
We witnessed two marriage proposals while skating at Rockefeller Center. Shayla then asked me where daddy proposed to me and I told her, "in a hot air balloon." She was quite surprised. Shayne whispered to me, "Shayla's poor boyfriend will have a lot to live up to, won't he?!"

While Shayla lived at the Ronald McDonald House for 8 months in 2003, Shayne bought her MANY pretzels from the vender's carts in NYC. It's something she has fond memories of and Shayne couldn't wait to buy her one again. Yum!

Our magical evening ended close to midnight as we took an amazing horse drawn carriage ride around Rockefeller Center.

5 Comments:

At 9/12/08 9:27 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

I love your pictures! Believe it or not, I still haven't seen the Rockefeller tree yet. :p

Soooo good to see you on Saturday.

Loads of love,
Olivia

 
At 9/12/08 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Thomas Team always knows how to have FUN! I LOVE NYC and this made me want to go back and enjoy the winter there. I just said to my son the other day how it would be so nice to spend Christmas in the city. (sigh) Perhaps I'm partial since I grew up in NY, but there really isn't anyplace like it!
Glad you all fit in some fun times over the weekend. You're such awesome parents, Shayla is a lucky young lady to have so many great memories which you've provided through your travels with her (and Christi).

 
At 9/12/08 6:35 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Looks like an awesome time!! I'm jealous! :) You know I adore that awesome City too!

Much love,
Heather

 
At 9/12/08 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it beautiful there?
I went Thanksgiving Weekend.
Thought of you guys a lot as I went to the Met and saw the Sphinx.

Megan

 
At 10/12/08 12:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow.. looks like you had a beautiful trip to the city!! That big ol tree came from my home town!!!! My almost 2 year old little boy and I got to watch it get packed up and shipped off to Rockefeller Center...

I bet Shayla had a blast skating at that rink. She is getting so tall...

Always in my prayers
Staci C
Hamilton NJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home