Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Missing Christi



I'm just really missing Christi tonight. I'm incredibly grateful I still get to do "mom things", all thanks to Shayla! Go, Shayla, go! After school she auditioned to be a "munchkin" in the high school spring musical, "The Wizard of Oz". Tomorrow she'll find out if she made it to call backs or not. There were a lot of "munchkin wanna bes".

Tonight, my dissertation research proposal was mailed off to the IRB at Ohio State. Shayla made apple dumplings to celebrate! I also bought 1400 stamps (almost $550 worth) while at the post office because as soon as I get IRB approval I'll be mailing out about 700 "invitations to participate" to teachers around the country who I believe will be the strongest contributors to my investigation. I'm really excited about that! I made the lady at the Post Office counter laugh by asking her if I was the best customer of the day. And I was!

(PIC: Christi holding Buttercup, who had surgery at OSU, Christmas morning, 2002 - age 5) Tomorrow night we'll do something Christi absolutely loved! I have mixed feelings about it. Perhaps that's causing my heavy heart tonight when I should be joyous about my doctoral work.

5 Comments:

At 15/12/08 8:32 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Good Luck Sweet Shayla- Can't wait to hear if you made call backs or not! I ADORE the Wizard of Oz- it's my very favorite movie! :)

Angela- Sorry you are missing Christi so much tonight. Sending you much love and many, many hugs!

With Love and Prayers,
Heather

 
At 15/12/08 8:42 PM, Blogger Cammie said...

Hi Angela-
I live in Columbus, linked to this site before Christi became an angel through Eden's site. I have followed your story through the last few years and have enjoyed watching Shayla turn into a young lady. Though I never met Christi...I feel like I know her through your words....I even thought of her the last time I took my kids to COSI and we watched CT and Shay play basketball. Thinking of you and your family during the holidays, Christi lives on in so many hearts....

 
At 15/12/08 9:00 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Sending many hugs to you today, Angela. The holidays can be so hard. I am thinking of you and sweet Christi.

Many hugs & loads of love,
Olivia

PS- Wishing Shayla loads of luck for tomorrow. My fingers and toes are crossed!

 
At 15/12/08 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on sending your stuff to IRB! and i really hope you get excellent participation in your research. i know it can be daunting.. i was just talking to my chair today about my dissertation and trying to fix it so we can get enough pre and inservice teachers to participate.

you know i've been following your blog for awhile now and i know this is a difficult time. you are in my prayers.

:)

 
At 16/12/08 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching John and Kate Plus 8last night, where the episode was devoted to childhood cancer. I was thinking of Christi and about how sad it is that so many children like herself have to endure such difficult times. Not only that, but the difficult times on the families, such as yourself. Please know that Christi and your entire family are in my prayers this Christmas, and always.
Leah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home