Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, December 12, 2008

A Good Deed - and the Price is Right (Please Help!)

As you know, I am involved with Kids Cancer Crusade, an organization established in Christi's honor. Kids Cancer Crusade provides much needed emotional support for children with cancer and their families. While the constantly updated website, support network and care packages may seem like nothing, for someone who has had to travel down the "cancer road", I can tell you that this kind of support is not only helpful, but it is vital. Seeing your loved one battling cancer is so incredibly difficult and affects every area of your life. Losing them to the disease is simply indescribable.

Below is the latest message I received from Jennifer who is not only the founder of Kids Cancer Crusade, but also a very dear friend. Please take the time to sign the petition. It costs nothing and takes all of 2 minutes. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this message. Please pass this on to anyone who may be able to help.

Message from Jennifer (http://www.crusadingforacure.blogspot.com/):

Right now, more than ever, we are in need of our supporters to step up for our organization and our families. It doesn't have to cost you a penny, just two minutes of your time.

For two years the purchase of the domain www.kidscancercrusade.org was kindly donated to Kids Cancer Crusade, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, by the owner of NgiNeThemba Designs & Domains. The company was recently sold and the new owner felt that since the company purchased the domain for the organization, Kids Cancer Crusade should be required to purchase it from him for $2000 (matching another offer he had received for the domain) in order to continue its use.

However, the new owner agreed to the terms that if Kids Cancer Crusade could supply a petition obtaining 1500 signatures declaring that, although not illegal, what he has demanded of the organization was unfair and hurts the organization and the services they provide, a judge can rule that he must repay the $2000. He agreed to the terms because he doesn't feel Kids Cancer Crusade has the support. Please help us to not only show him he is wrong but to get the money back so it can go to where it should - to our children and their families.

Our Board met a couple weeks ago to discuss exciting new ways for this organization to grow and help our families in different ways, but this situation is going to hit us hard. Most of you know that we are new and small and always want to dedicate as much funds as possible to directly help our kids and their families, but the network that is our website is a critical role of Kids Cancer Crusade as well.

Please click the title of this journal entry or click here http://www.petitiononline.com/kcc08/petition.html to visit our online petition site and sign the petition. We have 90 days. Thanks so much for your help!

Good Times! Can't believe that was three years ago! I'm so glad we did that way too expensive Disney Cruise, weeks before Chrsiti's disease took off and she started her final months of life. It was one of the very last things she talked about before she died. (Dec. 2005)

16 Comments:

At 12/12/08 8:30 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Thomas family - I just signed the petition. Thanks for posting the link. The Kids Cancer Crusade is a great cause! I'm so happy Christi was able to get in the water with dolphins. That was on my list of things to do to celebrate life after my surgery. I wasn't given the green light to "swim" with them, but I could at least get in the water and touch them. I think I drive my husband crazy I talk about the experience so much. It's a cherished memory, that's for sure! (...and an expensive one, at that!) I have a picture of me kissing a dolphin on my blog. You really can't put a price on memories or happiness - or making a little girl smile. I'm so, so happy she had the opportunity to get up close and personal with the dolphins!

 
At 12/12/08 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed the petition, and also put out the message with the link on my blog at www.leahomar.wordpress.com. I hope you guys blow them out of the water with the amount of signatures you receive. Keep us all posted. :-D

 
At 12/12/08 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anglea: Of course I'll have lot of people sign your petition.

We just got off the Disney cruise last week and when I saw the dolphins, I just knew it had to be Dolphin enounters. SOOO much fun.

Tracey
(from Canada)

 
At 12/12/08 9:14 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Thinking of you, Angela. Time passes so quickly. Many hugs!

Olivia

 
At 12/12/08 10:25 AM, Blogger ktrierson said...

I signed the petition. Please let us know the outcome!

 
At 12/12/08 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed it !

 
At 12/12/08 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I just signed the petition and there is almost 1700 signatures.

 
At 12/12/08 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Signing that petition was the least I could do, especially with children like Christi in mind. I was the 1766th person to sign out of the needed 1500. People are good.

- Micaela

 
At 12/12/08 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done! Best wishes to Jennifer!

Irene

 
At 12/12/08 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just signed and was number 2063! Looks like you have a lot of supporters!

 
At 12/12/08 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done! Are there really over 2000 signatures already?

 
At 12/12/08 7:36 PM, Blogger Emmers said...

wow there are already over 2000 signatures! Way to go KCC!

 
At 12/12/08 8:22 PM, Blogger Angela Schneider said...

Dear Angela,

Just wanted to let you know that this guy with the $2000 issue has infuriated me! I have sent a link to your blog spot to everyone in my e-mail address book, and asked them to sign the petition and forward to all of their contacts. I signed the petition myself, and apparently I was number 2156!! Oh well, lets all be over achievers and really show this guy!!

Support from Upper Sandusky,
Angela Schneider

 
At 12/12/08 10:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer (Kids Cancer Crusade) said...

Thank you for posting, Angela! We've already surpassed the goal. :)

 
At 15/12/08 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed the petition as #2590! Go Kids Cancer Crusade!

Wendy Landers
Concord, Georgia

 
At 18/12/08 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been out of town so I'm now only catching up on the Thomas Team 'news' from the last week. I just signed the petition and I'm signature 2809 :)

This guy should know better than to take on the might of the Thomas Team and their supporter army!!

Good night from Australia.

Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home