Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Foot Report

I didn't mean to leave anyone hanging and I'm going to do it again at the end of this entry because I really must. Here goes with Shay Shay's foot:

Shayla will be just fine! The MRI showed Severs disease or calcaneal apophysitis and also sesamoiditis. I believe this just means inflammation in two places within her growth plates. The orthopedic doctor believes it’s because of going on pointe for ballet. She’s to take a month off of that, to continue with physical therapy, to wear the specially made inserts that will be here in a couple of weeks and to wear this foot support we got yesterday inside her dance shoes. It doesn’t appear to be serious. Praise be to God!

Now I just (at 3:30 today) what I believe is probably the most incredible news I have ever received in my entire life. It is a dream come true and I'm soooooooooooooo grateful! I cannot say WHAT right now, but tomorrow I promise I will! Praise be to God!!! Earlier this morning I ordered my OSU Football tickets and was shut out of the student tickets for the Penn State, Michigan and Purdue away games, only getting all of the home games. Now I'm simply dancing, and laughing about how sad I was earlier. I must rush off to a meeting right now and tomorrow, as soon as I can, I will be sharing this unbelievable news with Christi's bloggers! God is oh so good!!!!!!! I'm thrilled, but Shayla is in tears about it. And I totally understand.

8 Comments:

At 2/4/09 3:45 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Ugh, can't wait till tomorrow!!!

 
At 2/4/09 3:53 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I am soooo happy for you, Angela!!! You made my day.

Many, many, many hugs!
Olivia

 
At 2/4/09 4:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm glad its nothing serious with Shayla's feet! Can't wait to hear the news.

 
At 2/4/09 4:47 PM, Anonymous !!! amber !!! said...

wow !!! i cant wait to find out !!! poor shayla xxx :( hope you are all ok - lots of love amber xxxx

 
At 2/4/09 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, that is not right leaving us hanging!!!!! my guess pregnant?

Have a good day - can't wait to find out!!

AB

 
At 2/4/09 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a student at O.S.U. in Lima majoring in Early Ed., I am doing my first FEEP and my husband was in charge of getting our tickets on Wed.~he was on at 10:15 and missed out on Michigan and Penn State too! We did manage to get Purdue...He was sad...I told him he would recover !! smile! Can't wait to hear the great news tomorrow.

 
At 2/4/09 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Shayla is going to be alright.
I am dying to know what the news is that you're going to share with us tomorrow Angela! What news could make Shayla cry and you thrilled???
Oh, I can see it now...I'll be checking in every chance I get tomorrow! lol

 
At 3/4/09 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new job? Glad to hear that something wonderful has happened for you - you deserve all the good karma the world can throw you!

Pleased to hear Miss Shayla's foot is alright.

Irene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home