Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Picture of the Evil Beast

Oh, my! I shouldn't be writing when I'm this shocked perhaps. THANK YOU so much to the sweet, sweet, sweet blogger who sent me this information. I didn't know a thing about it, now to actually see "the beast" is making me want to say bad words (smile) but I'm just simply shocked to see this.

(PICS: 8 months into the fight, age 5, April 2003)I went to the cemetery earlier this week, I just may have to go back and actually tell Christi about this. Wild! I remember fellow NB parents who attended a cancer conference told us a doctor/research said, "You could poor anything on FU-NB-2006 and nothing was going to stop it." Such a strong cancer for such a little gal.

Hello Thomas Team!
You may already know about this, but one of the images on the following page seems to be of Christi's cell line?

http://www.cogcell.org/

All the way down and to the left, according to the description right next to it. (© Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2008)
Shown are confocal images of CHLA-90 (above), and FU-NB-2006 (left).
Confocal images by Felicia Codrea.)


So my deepest thanks to "Anonymous" for sharing this with us. You are a gem! THANKS!

And while I'm now being sad, I'll share a picture my dad - I miss him so much too. I scanned this at mom and Joe's today while flipping through mom's old photo albums. It sort of "popped out" at me and I tell myself it's my dad's way of letting me know he's happy for me and my new job at BGSU. I am absolutely loving it there!

7 Comments:

At 22/10/09 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's crazy to see that picture. I remember what a miracle it was that the line grew although I truly wish FU-NB 2006 never had reason to exist in the first place. Sweet Christi, you're forever loved and missed!

Great picture of your dad, I believe it's a sign as well. I'm so glad to hear how well it's going for you, you deserve it! Also, Thanks for continuing to share the lives of the Thomas Team.

 
At 22/10/09 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing it like that, that something so microscopic could destroy so much life.... it boggles the mind. Christi was truly one of a kind, with even a cell line so singularly determined, that researchers have yet to find a way to make even the smallest dent in its willful path. What a shock to see the "face" of the disease that took our beautiful girl from us.

 
At 23/10/09 7:23 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Cancer is such an evil beast, and I'm so sorry that your family was affected by it so much. :(

I love the picture of your Dad. I have a feeling he's very proud of you. :)

 
At 23/10/09 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to think that Christi's legacy might help other children as part of this database. Although I'm sure that that helps little with softening the blow of her passing.

Keeping you all in my thoughts,

Irene

 
At 23/10/09 11:20 AM, Anonymous Chrissy B said...

I saw this and my eyes just filled up, oh my gosh and it wasn't even much, just the thought of FU-NB-2006 and it being Christi's. Its hard to put into words. Thank you so much for sharing!

 
At 23/10/09 6:26 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Oh, Angela, this post brought tears to my eyes. Thinking of you and sending many, many hugs to you!

Olivia

 
At 24/10/09 9:05 PM, Blogger Marlo said...

I know my Anna died of a different type of cancer, but actually seeing what the "beast" looks like is rather shocking. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home