Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

SSS: Shay's Scrapbook Suggestions

Shayla has been working on her 4H projects off and on since this fall. With last week's snow days she was able to get a lot of "scrapping" done for the scrapbook 4H project she's entering again this year. In addition to the scrapbook, there are other activities she must partake in, as well as complete a learning book. I thought her scrapbook was incredible last year for a first attempt. This year I agreed to let her do a full size scrapbook since she really enjoyed it last year and worked so hard. So far, I think this year's scrapbook is MUCH MUCH better than last year's scrapbook. We'll see what the judge thinks in July. Regardless, we will treasure her work and the memories she's captured.


For one of her activities, she has decided to answer questions others may have for her regarding scrap booking. If you'd like to have her answer your questions, please post a comment or email me at zzartset@bright.net This will count for one of her "Leadership Activities" for the Scrapbook Project and she will share it with the judge.


Additionally, she's going to share with you a few tips. (Read below.) ENJOY!
(Check out the "Speech Bubbles" on this page. She told me what she was going to do and I couldn't figure it out. Well, this is what she meant and I totally love it. "Oh - io!")





1.) Tips for Mounting
a. When selecting the paper you will mount your pictures on, make sure that the color coordinates not only with the pictures, but also the color you have for your main paper.



2.) Tips for Stickers
a. Stickers look best when they’re visible, but not too obvious. That usually means the corner of a picture is usually a good place to put a picture.
b. Stickers should match in color coordination with the pictures and should match with the theme of the page. For example, you would not put a frog in a wedding picture – unless there WAS a frog (ha ha).






3.) Tips for When You Can’t Find the Color of Paper You Want
a. Try looking at common objects in the house such as construction paper or even index cards. They might be just the color you need and it saves you money.
b. Always check the back of your scrapbook papers. A lot of times there are different colors or patterns on the back too!

4.) Tips so You Don’t Have to Re-Do a Page
a. Be sure that if you see like a bar code on your paper, you cut the whole side of it off because they add that on and then it’d be too big to fit in your scrapbook.
b. There are two kinds of scrapbook sizes and you want to make sure your paper is the right size for your scrapbook. For example, so you don’t have the big page for the small size scrapbook or the small paper for the big size scrapbook. (Learn from my mistakes – ha!)


Have a Scrapping Question? Ask me - the expert (ha ha ha!) I'm not an expert, but I will try my best to answer your questions based on what I've learned so far with my scrapbooking. And I've made a lot of mistakes, but I try not to repeat them and instead learn from them. ASK SHAY YOUR SCRAPBOOK QUESTIONS! Post a comment for me and mom will give it to me to try to answer for you. THANK YOU! From, Shay


The slumber party girls are still sleeping. Won't they be disappointed when I wake them up for church in just a short while?! I don't know how late they were up. At 11pm I told them to start wrapping it up, I was going to bed, but I'm certain I heard talking past that time.

To answer a blogger's question: Shayla no longer needs glasses! Much to our surprise and delight (and because I lost my incredible vision insurance when I left SE and went to BGSU) Shayla's eyes have improved. She had a very, very weak prescription anyway (1.25) but we were happy nevertheless to receive that word. God is good!

5 Comments:

At 14/2/10 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Shayla, it does my heart good to see you scrapbooking and enjoying it so much! As you know, I've been scrapbooking for about 15 years and I love it too! I do have a couple of questions for you... 1) What is your favorite subject to scrapbook? Why is this your favorite? 2) What is your favorite scrapbook product to use and why?

It was so nice seeing your pages again. Keep up the fabulous work and I definitely will be shocked if you don't get a first place ribbon!

Great big hugs to you Shay!

 
At 14/2/10 12:03 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Great pages. I love scrapbooking and will be showing my daughter Shayla's pages to encourage her. I also love the tip about the barcode, you have no idea how many times I have done that! My other favourite thing to do is ........when making cards to stick the decorated card up the wrong way so that it opens on the wrong side! My daughter laughs at me every time.

 
At 15/2/10 3:42 PM, Blogger IS Teacher said...

What a beautiful scrapbook, Shayla.....it is absolutely a timeless and priceless work of art. I am sure the judges will be profoundly impressed! A million hugs-Kim, Katie and Emily

 
At 16/2/10 7:59 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

I have a question--I hope it is not too late. Shayla, how do you scrapbook objects, that won't lay flat on a page? A special momento from something that you want to keep? I am assuming you can't add this to your scrapbook, but just wondered if you had any creative ideas about this.

Thanks. Your scrapbook is beautiful!

Cassandra

 
At 21/2/10 1:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

:) de argentina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home