Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Buckeye!

Real buckeyes are nuts that grow on trees and are related to the horse chestnut.

IN THE MODERN DAY WORLD: BUCKEYE KITTY MEETS HER NEW MOMMY VIA HER BLOG!!!



With “Buckeye” in her lap, Aunt Marty called this afternoon which brought tremendous joy to Christi! (Of course now she’s quite anxious to get home to meet her new kitty!! Actually, in the middle of the night I could hear her telling every nurse who would come in to give her meds about the new cat, Buckeye.) During their chat, Christi was happy to learn it was a female and she loved hearing the cat “crying”. Aunt Marty said that the breeder was the sweetest of ladies and kindly gave Christi the best of the litter. Marty told me how Siamese cats can run into the hundreds of dollars, even up to $1,000 – much to my shock. Aunt Marty tried to pay her, but she refused. What an Angel on earth! Tonight Aunt Marty emailed pictures of Buckeye. “Ahhh, Ohhhh, She’s sooooo cute!” Christi said with the sweetest little smile upon her face. To me Buckeye looks like she was born to be Christi’s cat! (Now let’s see what Buttercup thinks.) Thanks Marty & Jeff! You are the best!!

PICTURES: Great Uncle Jeff and Great Aunt Marty holding Buckeye.



Recipe for “BUCKEYES”
1 stick butter
1 box powdered sugar
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (12 oz.) chocolate chips
1/2 stick paraffin
Mix butter, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Form into small balls. Cool.
Melt chocolate and paraffin in top of double boiler. Stick a toothpick in the candy ball and dip into the chocolate mixture, leaving part of the top uncovered. It will resemble a buckeye. They can be frozen. Goooooooooo, OSU Buckeyes!!

12 Comments:

At 18/2/06 7:40 PM, Blogger Courto said...

all of these pictures of buckeye are making me want a siamese kitten now. Wait until I tell my husband - we already have four cats!

 
At 18/2/06 7:44 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Congratulations on the new kitten Buckeye sweet Christi! She's BEAUTIFUL.

I'm sure you'll take awesome care of her. She's lucky to get to be in your family.

Hope you are feeling better and that your ANC is going up, up so you can go home to Buttercup and Buckeye.

I love you sweetheart! You're my hero.

Lots of love, tons of prayers!

Love you,
Heather

 
At 18/2/06 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that Christi is feeling better (who wouldn't with something as cute as that!) I have gotten hooked on Christi's story, along with your whole family. I think you are all so inspirational. I'm only 18, and i'm still kinda in the dark about cancer. I recently found out one of my co-workers has stage 4 lymphoma. She is young, mid thirties if that. Has two daughters and takes care of her mother, and a jerk of an ex. She lost her hair and is so depressed she wont see anyone, including her best friends. Her youngest girl is frightened of her. Her ex is back in the picture, but wont help with the kids or contribute to the income(which is nothing now that she doesn't work) I dont understand life. Christi is amazing, my friend is amazing...
I pray, i collect pop tops, i wear a live strong bracelet, but that's like nothing. I want to be helping, but i dont how. The one thing i can think of is my writing. I will be going to college to become a writer, but i do have some things published. Most of them are for adults, but i'm working on a children's book. It is actually for a scholarship, but i would like to contribute the money (if i get it) Its for 8-12 year olds, and i'm kinda in the dark about what they find amusing or interesting. I know Christi likes to read, so i was wondering if she would (eventually when this is finished suppose to be by the end of april) be a critic?
But i'm just wondering, dont want to be one of those strange people who ask for all sorts of things. I figure its another thing for her to read.
Well thanks for your time
you are all in my prayers
true_blue_moon@hotmail.com is my e mail if you are interested

 
At 18/2/06 9:26 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

What a cute cat for such a cute girl!! Keep fighting hard,.. you are in my prayers.

 
At 18/2/06 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buckeye is BEUATIFUL!!!! Buttercup is going to have one bent little nose =) I will be out of town for a week and unable to check up on Little Miss Christi but rest assured my prayers will be there strong as ever! So glad to hear she is feeling a little better! Many hugs and much love,
Kate

 
At 18/2/06 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute is that picture of Buckeye checking Christi out?!?
LOVE it! I'm up late praying for Christi, and thinking of your family. I know Christi can't wait to get back home to her sweet, sweet kitty. Almost makes me want one :)
Keep fighting Christi! I have tons of people praying for you. Sending extra hugs this evening!
Megan in NC

 
At 19/2/06 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sooooo good to see her smile in these pics. There's nothing like a pet to help the healing process. The girls will have a blast with all the ' critters ' ya'll have. I know it's been awhile since I've seen a siamese cat, and she is so cute. Especially with those eyes.

Praying Christi's counts get back to ' normal ' soon and ya'll can go home and be reunited with the other half of this amazing team.

May you all be blessed forever.

Greg

 
At 19/2/06 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Buckeye! :) She is so cute and that picture of her in front of the computer is darling!

susie

 
At 19/2/06 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi, Buckeye is adorable. You picked the perfect name for her. I know you can't wait to get home to hug and spoil her. You are an inspiration to all who know you, or have followed your journey. You ROCK. Keeping all of you in pray. Ellen

 
At 19/2/06 1:05 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

That makes me soo hungry for buckeyes. They have to be my favorite too! Yumm

I'd love to see Christi's face the moment she gets to see and hold her new kitten! Lets hope Buttercup is as excited about Buckeye as Christi is!!

 
At 19/2/06 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Christi, Buckeye sure is a beauty! I hope you can go home very soon so you can meet her face to furface:) Siamese love to "talk" so I bet you'll have lots of fun with you new kitty. I'll be back to check in on you again later. Until then, I'll be praying hard for those counts to go up, up, up!!

 
At 19/2/06 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mommy Christi....
Buckeye is so cute!! :0)
Love, Kim and Kody

 

Post a Comment

<< Home