Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Grandma Nonee


Once again Nonee provided much comfort today. They started and finished an entire chapter book by 3PM. I headed out for the long walk (11 blocks) to a grocery store to try to find foods to tempt Christi. She is eating small amounts of soft foods, but that’s about it. Tomorrow I’ll try to get her on a scale to see how much she’s lost.

Sometimes I think she’s improving and other times I don’t. Today has been the first day we’ve been able to have the lights on and to even open the curtains. (My camera pics going on the blog should be improved now.) The pain meds have been increased to every three hours now instead of every four. She had been irritable about an hour before it was due and with this more frequent dosing she’s now back to her sweet, charming self shortly after receiving the dilaudid.

After asking CHOP’s Child Life to borrow their board game “Clue Jr.” for two days, Christi told me, “There are a lot of kids here and they can forget. You need to be persistent and keep asking them.” Since it was the only game she really wanted to play and she had been feeling lousy, I was on a mission! In desperation late last night, I emailed Liz Scott to see if she could tell me a store within walking distance where I could purchase one. Thankfully, she said Christi could have theirs and she kindly offered to drop it off this morning since she would be close by anyway. I met her in her van at 8:15 this morning and we were playing Clue Jr. by 9:30AM! THANK YOU, Liz!

Blood Counts have shown that she has a wee bit of an ANC! Praise God!!!! 1.0 white, 10.0 hgb., platelets 64 with an ANC of……….120!!! (Still a long way to go, but it looks like things are on the upswing now!) Mom and I are looking at flights to get us back to our home states. We’ll probably book something soon and then hope it actually works out! (Most likely Christi and I will only be home for about six days before returning to CHOP to receive another high dose round of chemo, but without a doubt “Buckeye” will get a lot of spoiling during that time!)

7 Comments:

At 18/2/06 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all

Praying all your travel plans work out. Can't wait to see a photo of Christie and Buckeye, little hairy critters are my favourite form of medicine. Prayers for you all

 
At 18/2/06 3:53 PM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

What a beautiful picture of you and Nonee! We love to see you smile! We hope you have a really really nice day!


XOXOX
Brigid and Celie

 
At 18/2/06 4:05 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm glad to hear that Christi has a wee bit of an ANC now. That's good news and prehaps with the higher ANC she will get to feeling a bit better. Poor thing.

I'm glad that she got Clue Jr to play- how kind of Liz to bring it for her.

I'm praying for a discharge soon.

Thinking of you always!

Lots of love, tons of prayers,
Heather

 
At 18/2/06 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs Thomas,
As always, your prays are with us!
You are the BEST(kindergarten & English) teacher I will EVER have. We hope to see you back in the Buckeye State, and at SE soon!

Shayla-Happy Belated Birthday! Im sorry its so late! I guess I should check back more often!

With Love,
A 7th grade Student

 
At 18/2/06 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christi and Thomas Team! This is Brandie Hayden from Louisiana! Things have been wild around here, but I sat down today and got caught up on your websit! Love the new Blog! I have followed Christi from the beginning and somehow I have always felt in my heart that she is going to be the miracle we all hope for! I am so happy to see that things look better today on her blood counts. Keep up the good spirits! May God Bless you!
Always Praying!
The Hayden Family!
Brent, Brandie, Brandon, Baileigh and Breanna We Love you!

 
At 18/2/06 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying hard for you Christi! Glad your ANC went up a little! I know you can't wait to get your hands on Buckeye! Can't wait to see pictures!
Megan in Nc

 
At 18/2/06 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi, Your are looking super. You go girl. I know "Buckeye" will get a lot of spoiling when she gets to your house. I hope Buttercup likes her. Keep up the good work and I'll be keeping you in my prayers. God bless all of the Thomas Team. Ellen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home