Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday

Thanks to an incredibly sweet mom and dear friend, Shayla is busy playing at a classmate's home today. This will allow me to put away all of the Christmas decorations which are making me incredibly sad. Last night I picked up a few more CD roms containing more of our old pics which were on negatives. While Shayne can hardly look at pictures of Christi, it reminds me of happy times - before she was diagnosed. In this picture, she is at the wonderful Betty Jane Preschool (now called "New Generation"). For about a year and a half straight, Christi would often pretend to be a reindeer - typically "Rudy". She'd also: draw reindeer, build them out of her blocks, sing the song she memorized so early on and watch Christmas movies year round. She was a "root for the underdog" kind of kid always cheering and encouraging Rudolph. Now we realize how very much they had in common! Thanks to the wonderful teachers at the preschool for snapping this picture of our little Rudy, age 4 - December 2001.

Later today, little Miss Shayla and I will hit the highway and take off for my sister and brother-in-law's home. Shayla is a great traveling companion and there's nothing like being on "Holiday". OK, I'll admit I cannot stomach the idea that we're on "Christmas vacation" and when we return to school it will be a new year, 2007 - a year Christi never saw, so I'll be European and continue to say we're on "holiday"! Indeed, that's better!

2 Comments:

At 21/12/06 4:41 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Wishing you safe travels and a peaceful "holiday"! I am sure the longing to have Christi with you in body must be crushing, but I know that she is with you nonetheless.

With hope and prayers -

Kim

 
At 22/12/06 1:56 AM, Blogger Frapper said...

I hope that you've had a safe trip to your sister and brother-in-law's home, and that you have a great visit with them. It's always so nice to have family and even though this holiday is not going to be like your others, I'm sure there will be love and fellowship to share. I'm glad you had Shayla's company on the drive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home