Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Merry Christmas from Heaven

Christi (2 1/2) Shayla (10 months) December 1999

I still hear the songs
I still see the lights
I still feel our love
On cold wintry nights.

I still share your hopes
And all of your cares
I’ll even remind you
To please say your prayers.

I just want to tell you
You still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders
Above all the crowd.

Keep trying each moment
To stay in His grace
I came here before you
To help set your place.

You don’t have to be
Perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip
If you continue the climb.

Oh my family and friends
Please be thankful today
I’m still close beside you
In a new special way.

I love you all dearly
Now don’t shed a tear
Cause I’m spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year.

John William Mooney, Jr. (1990)

Christmas Morning 2005: Christi (8 1/2) got up early, ignored all of the gifts Santa left under the tree, hopped in a big box and had Shayne wrap her up for my Christmas present. I still can't think of a better gift than that! How I wish I could upwrap that amazing gift again this year; she truly was an amazing gift! Christi, sweetpea, I comfort myself by thinking of you spreading your love, giggles and "sparkle" in Heaven! It seems like we miss you more and more each day!

One might notice Christi is holding a sheet of paper in her hand. On it was a note she wrote to me which said:

Dear Mom, (Made with fancy letters she learned how to make from her American Girl Magazine)

Some call you Mrs. Thomas, but you’re just mom to me.

You try to solve every problem you see.

You help me with my homework.

You help me bake a cake.

You help me with a craft.

You’re special so I made this poem for you.

I hope you have enjoyed it, because now it is through.

Love, Christi (age 8)

7 Comments:

At 18/12/06 10:53 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Oh Heavens, this picture literally brought me to sobs......how I wish, OH HOW I WISH that Christi could pop out of that box! My heart is hurting, I cannot even imagine. Holding you ever so close. love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 19/12/06 8:47 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Loving both of the pictures you shared today. What gorgeous girls. But of course you already knew that.

May God continue to shower His perfect love upon you as you miss and grieve Christi. I know you have the hope of Heaven to keep you going, but that sure doesn't make you miss Christi any less here on earth.

With Love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 19/12/06 2:14 PM, Blogger Mrs. B said...

You're so lucky to have so many beautiful pictures of your sweet girls! Thank you so much for continuing to share them with all of us!

I have a friend who lost her mom to cancer (that horrible monster!) earlier this year, and she's really struggling with the holidays as well. Too many loved ones are lost to these dieases...my New Year's resolution will be to do what I can to help in the fight (if Christi could do it, so can I!).

Love and wishes from California for a peaceful Christmas.

 
At 19/12/06 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for you Thomas Team! Love & Prayers from Illinois. Debbie

 
At 19/12/06 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so sweet! You have an angel in heaven and GOD is taking care of her now. Just to let you know..that Christi has changed my life and I love all the stories of her. I pray that you and your family get through the Holidays without her there...even though she really is with you all the time! God bless you!

 
At 19/12/06 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture of Christi and Shayla is absolutely adorable!!! Both girls are truly gifts from God. Christi is very much with all of you as you enter this Christmas season missing her more than ever before. There are absolutely no words that I can find to comfort you but my prayers for your family will continue. I can only imagine that Christi will be dancing at the birthday celebration of our lord and savior, Jesus Christ. I wonder if she will do a solo...

 
At 20/12/06 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LET ME HOLD YOU LONGER - BY Karen Kingsbury

Long ago you came to me,
a miracle of firsts:
First smiles and teeth, and baby steps,
a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away
and leave to me your past,
And I will be left thinking of
a lifetime of your lasts....

The last time that I held a bottle
to your baby lips,
The last time that I lifted you
and held you on my hips.

The last night when you woke up crying,
needed to be walked,
When last you crawled up with your blanket,
wanted to be rocked.

The last time when you ran to me,
still small enough to hold.
The last time that you said you'd marry
me when you grew old.
Precious simple moments and
bright flashes from your past -
Would I have held on longer if
I'd known they were your last?

Our last adventure to the park,
your final midday nap.
The last time when your wore your favorite
faded baseball cap.

Your last few hours of kindergarten,
those last days of first grade.
Your last bat at LIttle League,
last colored picture made.....

I never said goodbye to it all,
your yesterdays long passed.
So what about tomorrow -
will I recognize your lasts?

The last time that you catch a frog
in that old backyard pond.
The last time that you run barefoot
across our fresh cut lawn.
Silly scattered images
will represent your past,
I keep on taking pictures,
never quite sure of your lasts....

The last time that I comb your hair,
or stop a pillow fight.
The last time that I pray with you
and tuck you in at night.
The last time that we cuddle
with a book, just me and you.
The last time that you jump in our bed
and sleep between us two.

The last piano lesson
last vacation to the lake.
Your last few weeks of middle school,
last soccer goal you make.

I look ahead and dream of days
that I haven't come to pass.
But as I do, I sometimes miss
today's sweet precious lasts...

The last time that I help you with
a math or a speeling test.
The last that I shouted yes
your room is still a mess.
The last time that you needed me for
a ride from here to there.
The last time that you spend the night
with your old tattered bear.

My life keeps moving faster,
stealing precious days that pass.
I want to hold on longer -
want to recognize your lasts.....

The last time that you needed my help
with details of a dance.
The last time that you asked me for
advice about romance.

The last time that you talked to me
about your hopes and dreams.
The last time that you wear a jersey
for your high school team.

I've watched you grow and barely noticed
seasons as they pass.
If I could freeze the hands of time,
I'd hold on to your lasts.

For come some bright fall morning
you'll be going far away.
College life will beckon
in a brilliant sort of way.
One last hug, one last good-bye,
and quick and hurried kiss.

.....One last time to understand
just how much you will be missed...

.....I'll watch you leave and think how fast
our time together past.
.....Let me hold on longer,God,
to every precious last.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home