Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Thomas Team's Early Christmas

(Above) Christmas 2005 (CT 8, Shay Shay 6)

Well, I made it until after breakfast before breaking down! With much joy, Shayla started squealing with delight as soon as she woke up (in our bed, between us) and I explained the "email" (wink) I received from Santa explaining why he had to bring her presents early this year. Well Shayla wasn't going to argue with early presents so she hopped out of bed and started jumping up and down! Later, when I uploaded our pictures from the morning, saw this one and noticed the "orb" above our heads I could only call for Shayne as the tears pour down my face again this morning. I take comfort in easing my own agony by telling myself that Christi is indeed with us! The above pictures gives me that comfort! Amazing!!Shayla was busy all day playing with her new toys. While I was saddened that Shayla wasn't able to play with her sister, it still made me very happy to see her happy. Tonight, Shayla is out on a "Girls' Night" with the beautiful Grine girls. They were taking Shayla to Wendy's and then to see a movie. We are all richly blessed to have this wonderful family in our lives.

This year, for the first time, I also took special note of the angel on the top of our tree which we've had for at least 13 years. I believe it looks so much like our angel - with her pale skin, blue eyes and pretty blonde hair. (Miss you, sweet Christi!)

Shayla LOVES her snowboard!

The snow and cold weather can't get her soon enough - for Shayla! (Today's temps were in the 50s - not cold enough for snow.)

Shayla gives one of Christi's cats (Buckeye) her Christmas treats from Santa. We talked about how Christi must be happy because her sister and cats are happy with their new toys today!
Shayla took a break from all of her toy playing to create a "Gingerbread Cookie Tree" with me this afternoon. Now if she'd only let me try a bite (smile).
Christi's cat, Buttercup, receives her toys from Santa.

Christi, 8, Christmas 2005. (The PJs look familiar!) We miss you, dear Christi and trust you're enjoying the Christmas season with the birthday boy, Jesus!

Shayla and Santa yesterday at the mall

Last weekend, after going to ski, Shayne bought Shayla hot chocolate! I love this picture, plus it reminds me of a similar one taken of Christi with my mom on top of the Empire State building when she flew to NYC to help with Christi's surgery (which was cancelled in March of 2003 because her cancer hadn't been reduced enough, according to MSKCC). Mom and Aunt Marty ended up treating us to a great time in NYC as their hotel room had a kitchen and we enjoyed great home cooked meals for a few days! Christi loved "staying at Grandma's" doing crafts and playing cards while Shayne, Shayla and I stayed down the street at the Ronald House). Christi's very successful surgery ended up taking place in July of 2003 (on my deceased father's birthday).
After Sister Gertrude joined Christi in Heaven last month, I could not find this picture. Today, I did! The photo was taken on Christi's First Holy Communion day back in April of 2004. Christi is giving Sister the "Get Well Soon" box she made for her. Inside it contained mazes and "things to do". When Christi & I visited with a very ill Sister Gertrude back in July, she told Christi that she still had the box and that she still had some work to do on the activities inside. Rest in peace, sweet Sister and Christi.

7 Comments:

At 17/12/06 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Sweet Shayla and the entire Thomas Team! I love all the pictures and can't wait to read about what you have planned for the 25th.

God bless you now and always,
Erin

 
At 18/12/06 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all 4 of you. I hope that you have some good times as from what I have read, Christi will want you to have them with her. She has a massive spirit as she showed throughout her life, and she lives on in all of you.

Love

Nina x (UK)

P.S. I was so pleased to hear about her cell line being established. You must be so proud of little Christi. Please send her my love (even though I never met her).

 
At 18/12/06 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The angel was indeed Christi. I wish you peace on earth. You are wonderful parents to Christi and Shayla showing everyone what true strength is and what the true meaning of Christmas is.

 
At 18/12/06 4:19 PM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

Merry Christmas Week, Shayla! We're glad you had so much fun with Buckeye and Buttercup and all that cool stuff from Santa!

Christi is in our prayers - and in our hearts. We love you, Thomas Team.

XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 18/12/06 9:07 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Sounds and looks like Shayla had a great Christmas. I love her picture with the snowboard.

Shayla- Honey you are awesome!! I can't ski or snowboard one bit and truth be told I'm a big chicken to try.

Angela and Shayne-Holding you close to my heart and in my prayers!

Love you all,
Heather

 
At 20/12/06 1:37 PM, Blogger Julie said...

How precious Shayla looks in the pjs that Christi has on in the previous picture! I've never noticed or even though about orbs before, but it's amazing how this one is perfectly round and directly above the three of you. What a comfort to have indications that she's still with you!

 
At 20/12/06 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!! It looks like you guys had a WONDERFUL early Christmas!! Shayla--you must have been a VERY GOOD GIRL for Santa to bring SUCH COOL STUFF!! Ice skates and a snowboard!! AWESOME!!

I just went back to the pictures taken in the funeral home, and SURE ENOUGH, there IS an orb in one of the pictures!! AMAZING!!! Of course, we ARE talking about the INCREDIBLE CHRISTI HERE!!! If ANYONE could give a sign, it would be CHRISTI!!! :) I also saw the orb on the wall in your house on your Christmas morning!! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! Christi did NOT want to miss watching Shayla open her presents, and she also wanted to be SURE to be in the family picture too!!

Angela, thank you SOOOO MUCH for sharing the pictures and stories and updating what you guys are up to!! It means A LOT to me!! I feel like you guys are good friends of mine!! Speaking of stories, one of the BEST one's was the one you told about Shayne's relatives who thought they could walk to the cemetary!!! LOL!! LOL!! I was LITERALLY laughing OUT LOUD when I read that!!! TOO FUNNY!! I am SURE they will be reminded of that for a LONG time to come!!

Hugs and prayers of peace and comfort to your PRECIOUS FAMILY ALWAYS!!!

Sincerely,
Christie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home