Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Giving Tree

December 2000: Check out the girls in their pretty, matching Christmas dresses: Christi (left, age 3) Shayla (age 1). Words cannot express how grateful I am I had these pictures taken! Have you had your holiday pictures taken of your loved ones yet? Don't wait!

At the request of a few emailers and bloggers, I will post the information about "Christi's Giving Tree". This is a wonderful funderaiser for neuroblastoma research with CNCF. (The same great organization that "Webby" raised thousands of dollars for this summer riding his bike!)

I was hesitant to mention this fundraiser earlier because I'm not good about asking for money. Additionally, the random drawing prize is a trip to Disney World. (I can't imagine they would let "Christi" win a trip to Disney since she's dead, but maybe they'd let Shayla go.) Regardless, if anyone is interested in giving, you can quickly click on the link about and give in $5.00 increments on a credit card. Your name will immediately be listed below her tree. (When I checked her tree a few days ago and saw about 60 ornamaments hanging on it with sweet names listed below, tears of gratitude suddenly appeared out of nowhere and entered my eyes!) The love of God's people here on earth continues to make me smile every day!
CHRISTI'S GIVING CODE IS #22434


Here is more information if you need it:

The Giving Tree ~ Lunch for Life

Again this year, "Lunch for Life" is getting into the holiday spirit! Thanks to the efforts of CNCF, your giving will translate not only into desperately needed research dollars, but also into gifts that will brighten the lives of these children. Each NB child has his or her own virtual giving tree, and your donations will decorate those trees with ornaments.

The tree of your choice receives 1 ornament for every $5 you donate. https://www.lunchforlife.org/donate.aspx

If you desire, enter the code: 22434 for Christi's entry in the contest. (Or select another child!)

Click the link above and donate in honor of CHRISTI THOMAS (or any of these special kids!). Help raise money to find a cure and send a child to Disney. All of the children with neuroblastoma will win when the cure is found, hopefully with the help of Christi's cell line - FU_NB06!

4 Comments:

At 14/12/06 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,
I looked at the "fine print" and (in my words) if the child has already achieved the greatest gift of Heaven than a wonderful sibling can accept the Disney World vacation or the family can donate it to another child.
I hope that helps although it would be bittersweet, Shayla deserves a great little get away in Christi's honor.
Sheila

 
At 14/12/06 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm 60? Try 115! (This is at about 6:00)
We all love your Christi!!

 
At 14/12/06 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet angels,
I can’t see them,
But yet I know there here with me,
I know my sweet angels are helping me get through each new day,
Sometimes I think it could be,
My sweet family members looking down on me,
My sweet friends looking down on me,
Or maybe,
My sweet angels are my sweet friends that are on earth with me today,
Or maybe,
Its one or two sweet angels up there just for me,
I don’t know if I will ever really know,
So for now they are my sweet angels,
I can’t see them,
And I know they are here with me,
Sweet angels they are to me.

Love,
Misty

 
At 15/12/06 6:35 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow... I can't believe how many ornaments there are on Christi's tree! 368 right now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home