Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Roller Coaster Girl



Today I saw some pictures I do not believe I ever saw before. I am so grateful to have them and will forever treasure them. The sweet Miss Jennifer emailed me a few pictures, taken one year ago today, on what ended up being Christi's final trip to a place she loved so very, very much....Cedar Point. When the casket lid was closed, something I opted not to witness, Christi's Cedar Point pass remained with her. What a brave little girl she was! I vividly remember taking her on her very first roller coaster - May 1999. She was 24 months old and it was the Jr. Gemini. (A ride I named that day the "Christi Coaster" because she was crazy about it and rode it many times even though she was so very tiny.)

A year ago today Christi and Jennifer went to ride on some "big kid" rides while Shayla and I went on the little kid rides. Now that I see these pictures I realize she didn't look "her best". It was a very hot day, but so nice to be with our sweet friend.

We spent the week with my sister and her family, using our Cedar Point season passes on two days to visit Kings Island. One night, I went back with my "big" niece to ride the big rides. It was a flashback to riding the roller coasters with Christi in our final years together. Even though I was always really scared, I never let Christi know it and I often rode with my eyes closed tight and now I wonder if she ever looked over at me and knew it. This week, on the new ride at Kings Island, I was so scared I was "talking" with Christi and begging her to reach down from Heaven to give me comfort. In reality, I could only see her beautiful little face and hear her little giggly laughter saying, "Mom! It's a roller coaster. There is nothing to be afraid of!"

A couple of weeks ago, I met with Jennifer and an attorney as we finalized some more paperwork for her sweet Kids Cancer Crusade organization she's created to help those brave little warriors lives have a little brighter light. Thanks, dear Jennifer!

(I'll soon share more pics I snapped earlier this week when time permits. We've had some very emotional days, but thankfully we've been surrounded with family and friends. I never realized how hard August would be and I'm absolutely fearful about September. ERgh!)

5 Comments:

At 11/8/07 9:26 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures Angela.

I know how sweet Christi loved the Coasters.

I'm praying for your strength daily as you continue to walk through this journey no one should ever have to be on.

Thinking of you all with love and prayers forever and always.

I love you!!

Lots of love,
Heather

 
At 12/8/07 1:46 PM, Blogger The Rawson Family said...

BEAUTIFUL PICS OF CHRISTI!

 
At 13/8/07 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girls look adorable in the pictures together. Christi looked beautiful as ever on the outside, I only wish the inside of her body wasn't being taken over by an ugly beast, ugh!

Sadly another child has gained his angel wings. Christopher battled infections after transplant that took his precious life. It's hard enough seeing these children lose their battle to the actual cancer but to see that some lose their battle to something other than the cancer makes it even harder to understand. His 6 year old sister is now without her little brother here on earth. Fly high angel Christopher!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/christopherramsey

 
At 13/8/07 10:21 PM, Blogger Frapper said...

I'm glad you got to see some new pictures of your sweet Christi; I'm sure they were a special treasure to you. My thoughts are so often with you and your family and especially so as September is around the corner. My prayers remain with your family.

 
At 14/8/07 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. The photo's are lovely, sweet Christi was always smiling.
Take care,
Love Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home