Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm Off

We will be leaving for the hospital in just a bit. Seems weird that I didn't sleep well becuase of ME, I'm used to worrying about hospitals and Christi, not me. I've been having horrific "Christi Nightmares" in recent nights, but other than that I'm doing ok.

I want to say thank you for the good wishes and prayers I've received. I really appreciate it! I'm certain that once this gall bladder is removed this morning I will soon recover and feel much better. I'm going to struggle with trying to take a "leisurely pace" for a bit, but I've borrowed some great old classic movies from the library so that will help! I also have a big stack of good books I've been wanting to read. I'll update when I can!

Yesterday was obviously a hard one. Christi was diagnosed on 9/11/02. It was also the same day we sent Shayla as an "unaccompanied minor" on a plane home from Philadelhia so that she could get back to school. I try not to think back because it still hurts, yet my mind just can't always "shake it".

Pictures: Shayla really enjoyed her time at the Wyandot County fair with her grandparents!




11 Comments:

At 12/9/08 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep you in my thoughts and I hope you soon feel better.

Angela - is the first picture taken on 11/09/02 ?

 
At 12/9/08 7:49 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Good luck today, Angela!! I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way!

Kim

 
At 12/9/08 9:38 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I'll be thinking of you all day!

 
At 12/9/08 9:42 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I hope your surgery goes well today.

 
At 12/9/08 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Angela. I'll be praying for a very quick and speedy recovery. Thinking of all of you and keeping Christy in our thoughts and prayers. She will be watching over you as you get better.

 
At 12/9/08 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you today Angela, that the surgery goes great and that your recovery is speedy and full. Enjoy those classic movies, you so deserve the rest!

 
At 12/9/08 10:43 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thinking of you with many prayers today.

I'm sure you'll be feeling much better soon. Enjoy your books and movies.

I love you my friend!

With tons of love,
Heather

 
At 12/9/08 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! Get better soon Angela. Hope all goes well this morning and you are 100% in no time at all.
Amy Brown
Gleason WI

 
At 12/9/08 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

horses and orbs go hoof in hoof

 
At 12/9/08 6:37 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Blessings, Angela- I'll be thinking of you!

(A fellow gallbladder-less)

 
At 13/9/08 12:15 AM, Blogger Sheila Ferrell said...

Angela,
Praying that your surgery went well and your will recovery quickly. I am sure the surgeon had a little help from above. Rest well and God Bless.
Love, hugs and angel kisses from South Texas, Sheila

 

Post a Comment

<< Home