Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Christi's Grave Marker



The Grave Marker


Well, the poor child may not have an official grave marker, marking her spot in the cemetery, but thanks to Shayla and her friend (and Shayne for driving them), Christi has a snowman marking her spot instead. Ya know, as much as I know Christi, I think she'd much prefer a snowman than a bronze plaque anyway. Thanks, Girls! I know I couldn't muster up the courage to go with you, but maybe next winter.

I still have such a hard, hard time at the cemetery. Seeing the pictures Shayne was sending me back at home from his phone, I had to actually smile at the thought of them perhaps making a snowman at the wrong grave and how Christi would absolutely delight at that mistake! Shayne assured me, they correctly found Christi's spot. Christi, I promise you, I'm going to get your grave marker ordered soon. Didn't sissy and hre friend do a great job? Do you remember when you made "Suzy the Snow Cheerleader" complete with pom poms out in the front lawn for me? I loved it. And I love you! Love, Mom

2 Comments:

At 21/2/10 9:48 PM, Blogger bearie1 said...

As hard as it will be to order her marker, I'm sure your heart will be glad when it's done and you don't have to worry about it. Best wishes, Elaine

 
At 8/3/10 10:15 PM, Blogger Angie Dixon said...

Oh Angela!! Shayla has gotten so big! We sure do miss her and you at Seneca East! It's a funny thing...we drove past the cemetary this weekend and I saw the HUGE snowman near Christi's grave and couldn't help but smile as I thought how much she would have enjoyed helping build it! So, you can imagine my surprise when I just checked the blog and read about the snowman's creation! Absolutely wonderful!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home